• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Shop Truck Layout

"Deposit Please"

Like said, place logo between door handles, keep entire front end camo w/ your logo on hood. Straighten & Stack ph# & website and place above rear wheel. Why don't you use area51wraps for your web address. Just a thought

Marlene

everyone and their bother does wraps and I have seen trucks like this in one form or another all over the place. what you do that sets you apart from the crowd is that camo wrap. that is really cool. if it were me, it would be the focus of the truck's message and not some side note hidden among all those special effects. if you have anything running down the side, I'd put photos of the process, just a couple, to help make it clear that these aren't wrapped items, but dipped.

laserman70

When we are doing wraps, we stand across the room, look at the wall and then look at the monitor for 3 secs. If you did not get everything you should of from that amount of time, redesign it.
My opinion, way to much going on unless your trying to attract street racers. They don't pay the bills around here, business's do.
KISS like said above.
Our first wraps for our vehicles were radical. We have learned so much from this forum and the great people here. We have simplified things to be more attractive to business's.. We have gotten many compliments on how much nicer our vehicles look. You can make it a bit edgy, but make it legible and attractive to all types.
Hope that helps

speedmedia

Yeah, why not get a little creative instead of just throwing a bunch of bad effects, colors and fonts together?

If you really want to do a theme wrap, play off your name "Area 51 wraps" You could really do some neat stuff utilizing the "Area 51" history etc and getting creative. What you have here has zero marketing or advertising integrity unless you plan to create "Get er done and Calvin pissing on something decals" Not trying to be a dink but seriously?

The point of a vehicle wrap is to advertise your service. This particular design does not advertise anything but we know how to throw a bunch of colors and effects and crap on some vinyl and apply it to our truck. Not the image you probably want. Maybe I am wrong I just know I see these types of wraps all over and it is what drive potential customers away from wraps as they think everyone designs them this way.

Either that or hire any one of the several talented designers on this site or another to create it for you. Sometimes doing work for yourself is the hardest.

Not trying to be harsh but using some "tough love", I think you are much better than this!

Thanks,
Kurt

signswi

Looks like someone has a copy of Photoshop and the Alien Skinz plugin from 1997. speedmedia's critique is valid.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I love simple... but I also like "digital yak" once in a while. But there is a right way to do it...

Looking at your site, "digital yak" seems to be your style. You're probably not gonna change that anytime soon.

Your logo has some issues... the logo and the background are your base for the design, and with such a bad foundation as the logo (I don't mind the background and you are selling camo as a service), I don't think it's gonna work as well as some other examples of this style I have seen.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I thought I would send 1/2 hour on this to show you...

The logo is from an old gamer clan but it's close to the style your logo is... but the logo is consistent type and graphically.

I showed the base or foundation...then with the themed (as much as a half hour would allow) graphics applied.

Normally I would print out the vehicle and start drawing on it, get my graphic proportions right, then hit the computer.... I did not do it on this example.

Digital yak takes a lot of thought, and should probably be somewhat themed and do not mix up styles...

Attachments

• AREA 51.jpg
    AREA 51.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 130

phototec

I would assume that most people can read vehicle even though it is going through the handle

Most people being able to read vehicle even though it is going through the handle is not GOOD. It tells people you are NOT good at layout & design or you are a bad installer, either way it's NOT a good reflection on your abilities to do vehicle wraps.

A good designer, uses accurate vehicle templates, and even takes a photo of the actual vehicle and enlarges it to scale to make sure none of the text is broken by things like door handles.

I would never allow the door handle to break text like that. Looks like poor planning to me!

visual800

this is why I dont do wraps. This is horrible and not a good idea. I know some people make their money wrapping and Ive seen some clean wraps but crap like this makes me wanna throw up. Please guys clean up all the ANGRY WRAPS

pgettys

ok taking suggestions
Rick i see your point Thanks for input

this is the suggestion everyone has made
basing on the diagonal stripe

show me ideas if you may by imposing info

864-760-1600
wewrapitall.com since area51wraps is taken
and camo dipping

Attachments

• proof2.jpg
    proof2.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 113

kustomguy

it really is not as bad of a design as many are saying. It just needs some refining. On bit of advice I would say is pay attention to that gap between your cab and bed. You could loose and entire letter of your smaller text in there. Draw it into your comp and see where it falls. Don't worry about the door handle, it is good to show your customers the ability of a wrap to convey messages in spite of vehicle obstacles. Amazingly, our brains fill in the blanks of messages all the time with our even knowing it, and it does in this case too.

Marlene

you srue cleaned it up! looks better. is the busienss called "Area 51 Wraps"? is that based on Area 51? if so, I'm not seeing that. what is that birdy wing, crest behind the lettering? not sure how that conveys area 51.

artsnletters

Digital yak takes a lot of thought, and should probably be somewhat themed and do not mix up styles...
oh yeah thats funny...i'm gonna use that! Digital Yak!!!
Is that similar to Digital Technicolor Yawn or Digital Buick?

Funny.
Tim

signswi

Still looks really dated--the "neon" blur bar is straight out of bad 90s "design", to use the word as loosely as possible.

Jillbeans

Well...it looks better than it did but it still looks kind of icky.
Does it have to be slanted?
I think that's adding to the "yak" factor.
Must the logo have the yellow-green fade?
There is some dissonance with the color.
If you add in the lettering like before please no brackets on the area code and really check the kerning.
Love.....Jill

Joe Diaz

you srue cleaned it up! looks better. is the busienss called "Area 51 Wraps"? is that based on Area 51? if so, I'm not seeing that. what is that birdy wing, crest behind the lettering? not sure how that conveys area 51.

I agree 500% The layout doesn't match the name. Gets some aliens or flying saucers on there. Maybe a techno looking style rather than the crest and wings, and grunge lettering. I would have so much fun with that wrap

Maybe check out alienware for some inspiration. See how they handle their branding. Here is one of their wallpapers: http://www.vistax64.com/attachments...-own-wallpaper-free-aliensurface_project4.jpg
I think something along those lines would go with your name better.

pgettys

the logo was conveyed as a more of a military/tactical/shield

I am an ex navy seal and we had numerous shields and winged logos
The logo and area 51 based upon military as to why i was thinking about digital camo.i am working on it as we speak changing it around a little between the state farm wraps we are working on.

There will be nothing to do with aliens on my vehicle sorry.guess you gotta know the history of it a little or more than the typical BS about aliens