• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New! The Signs 101 Network Registry Is Now Open

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
For a number of years, one of the most requested or asked about features here has been to have the ability to search for members in a given geographical area. Your admins have been burning the midnight oil and now are pleased to announce the Signs 101 Network Registry.

The purpose of the registry is to provide a way for members to find each other ... if they want to. Registration is totally optional with safeguards in place to protect each member's identity. The registry is handled through a special modification which processes member entries through a form. So clicking on the New Thread button will take you to some basic fill in the form questions and check boxes. It is setup to be searchable with no replies allowed. Members who register cannot edit their answers at a later time ... they can only fill out a new registration and/or delete their old registration.

The reason for this is that the registry is not intended to be cluttered with replies or used for advertising one's self. It is intended to handle the registration of a member's interest in such things as

• Business and social networking
  • Group purchasing
  • Materials sharing
  • Handling local needs for out of town members such as installations
We are open to suggestions as to what else might be included for members to fill in should they choose to register. We will not add anything which would be competitive with our merchant subscribers.

If you decide to register, we strongly urge you not to use abbreviations for country, state, province or city. The reason is to provide for accurate search results. If you enter Indy for Indianapolis or IN for Indiana, your entry will most likely not appear in the search results.

So give it a look and tell us what you think. We think it should be very useful to all members and it is setup to allow access for all members. Visitors are not able to see the registry. For the convenience of all, we have added a direct link to the Network Registry in the Main Menu.

Your comments, questions and feedback are welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:

CanuckSigns

When I click the link this is what I get:

watsons signs, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Stealth Ryder

When I click the link this is what I get:

watsons signs, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Got the same thing...

GB2

Old Member
I can get to the registry but then what? I clicked the New Thread button there but got the same "You cannot access..." message

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
It's a problem with the setup of the program which was done by Bobby Fosson. Waiting for him to return to the site so he can fix it. Until then it isn't going to work correctly.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
guido.gif
Try it now. It should be working.

Jon Aston

Fred:

Sorry... I used an abbreviation. I created a new listing, but have no idea how to delete the first one.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
It's a nice addition but is there any way to keep them from showing up in "New Posts"
every time someone registers?

I looked in the user CP options and it seems you can only add a member to the ignore list not a particular forum.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
It's a nice addition but is there any way to keep them from showing up in "New Posts"
every time someone registers?

I looked in the user CP options and it seems you can only add a member to the ignore list not a particular forum.

It's the same deal for the Active Threads settings Mike. No way to exclude it. OTOH, I suspect that some members enjoy seeing them flow through when it's someone from their area for example.

GB2

Old Member
Fred, I don't want to second guess your efforts here but wouldn't it be a fairly simple matter to make the member search window searchable by location just like it is searchable by alphabetical listing? I know you'll probably say that everyone's location isn't listed or listed properly, oh well...put a notice out to update your listing properly.

GB2

Old Member
OK....I pretty much answered my own question by looking at one of the registry listings. Now I see there is much more information there and your method offers much more. Thank you!