• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New to the forum, hello

Tint Guru

Ucmj22

Implications for sign people:)

By liability of course. blade selection per wrap installs first comes to mind, Installing any graphic on any type of glass requires an understanding of what kind of glass will or will not be scratched by your personal installation style/blade selection.

I'm assuming that by asking me that question, you've already posted the NEED to use stainless steel blades on all glass as the fact of the matter is that stainless steel is softer than carbon steel, and everybody here knows that a carbon steel blade will etch/scratch glass, versus using a stainless steel blade that is actually softer than the glass and unless used aggressively, can't actually scratch glass?

(still love ya) cp

cdiesel

But what do the different types of glass have to do with vinyl application to it? Anybody with any experience knows to only use stainless.. I've used stainless on countless pieces of glass with never a problem. There were a couple times when windows were tinted and I didn't realize, but never could tell any difference in the way the glass affected or was affected by the install..

Tint Guru

Cdeisel

I would respond with this. Maybe nothing, maybe everything.

Tempered glass expands and contracts according to heat/cold...That's why you see bubbled back glass window tint. Maybe a reason to use high quality/cast vinyl on those windows so you don't have warranty issues.

I'm not pretending to be an expert on signs, I am not. But I do like to be as informed as I can on aspects that keep me out of court/disputing anything with a customer. I'm only here to learn from everybody's post, I by no means claim to know it all. CP

Tint Guru

Thank you all for a warm welcome!

I'm going to put a bow on this post.

Billct2 can attest to my knowledge of my trade, I simply want to learn from you and I'm more than Happy to tell you anything I know that can help you with my skill set.

artbot is a valued asset on this forum, He is clearly a dedicated pro/not afraid to give up on anybodys machine.

Feel free to PM me with any question regarding window tint/blade selection/glass type.

That said, I thank you all for the warm welcome. above or below. Lets get back to business people!!! CP

Billct2

Yes, Tint G has given me great assistance with a project I'm involved with.
He'll be a welcome member and I hope to be able to return the favor.

Mikeram

Another Newbie here in Calif

Hello,

I'm Mike in Southern California, exploring sign and graphics making for autos and apparel. I have a used
APD PD 2400 that I am trying to get to work with my Dell laptop and Flexi-10