• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Nice Tools for Cutting Coroplast

GypsyGraphics

I have mastered the curvy coro cut and thought i try my hand at straight cuts... ya know just to be able to offer either or.

I knew i was going to be cutting a bunch of signs today, so i'd planned on ordering a PLAST-KUT, which i found mentioned in a search here, for cutting along the flutes but i also wanted something, not too pricy, to cut cleanly across the flutes.

I ended up ordering a Coro Claw ($15) and Guardian Knife Guide & Knife ($120 for the 54").

They arrived today and i just LOVE EM!!!

The Guardian Guide that arrived is much nicer than the one seen in the video, it's black anodized with laser engraved ruler markings.

check out their videos at the bottom of this page

Here's are mine
attachment.php

coroCutters.jpg

Last edited:

GB2

Old Member
Straight cuts are easy, how did you master the curvy cuts...or did I miss a previous thread?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I'm gonna have to call fake on this one.
That table in the photo is entirely to neat & clean to be in a sign shop.

Nice link - I was just looking for something like this - have a job coming up cutting 8ft plus strips of thin pvc.

wayne k
guam usa

shakey0818

Thats nice would it work on my wrists?I need a clean cut.Thats a womans tool a man dont need no stinking guide.Well im wrong seeing how im missing the tip of my thumb.

SignAnnex

We've always cut coro with our sheet metal sheer. Never gave it much thought before but I guess now I'll appreciate it more.

GypsyGraphics

We've always cut coro with our sheet metal sheer. Never gave it much thought before but I guess now I'll appreciate it more.
i'm sure most of you guys have awesome tools, that would do the job faster and cleaner. just thought there might be some little guys/gals like me... who are limited on space (and/or funds) and want a nice affordable tool that delivers an effortless clean cut.

hey gg, yep, i'm one of those little guys and certainly have limited funds!! always good to see and hear of different tools that will help in our small and cramps conditions!! thanks, great post.

iSign

Great find!

My shop may not be so little anymore, but I can certainly relate to "limited funds" and among the plethora of awesome tools around here, I still trim most jobs with the same archaic tools that have given me flat spots on a few digits over the years... so I'm taking a keen interest in the 54" tool! :thumb:

Jillbeans

cramps conditions
They help with cramps too?
Jumpin' Jehosephat I'm getting those too.
I do use the older coro cutter that looks like the curvy cutter but yours is cuter and therefore cooler.
Love.....Jill

mortil

To cut curves in coro is tricky. u realy need to be steady on your hands.

Where did you order that knife ?

would be great to have when out working as some busstops has this as roof and sidewalls (useless to that)

GypsyGraphics

Well, somehow I just knew you'd be the queen of curvy GG...
To cut curves in coro is tricky. u realy need to be steady on your hands.
Where did you order that knife?
i suppose curvy would be impressive... if i wasn't trying to cut straight.
so maybe more of a jester than a queen. :ROFLMAO:

sorry, should have made that link more obvious, i got them from Saw Tracks http://www.sawtrax.com/index.html

Why heck yeah! I need both of those. Thanks Gypsy!
:clapping:

Last edited:

bigben

I have the gardian knife for about 2 months now and I love it. It take 2-3 test to understand it, but after that it work like a charm. I've ordered the 66in model and I clam it to my table when I have long cut to do.

Best bang for the buck after the big squeegee...

iSign

I'm gonna have to call fake on this one.
That table in the photo is entirely to neat & clean to be in a sign shop.

Wayne's got a point there..

...here, you can borrow this pic I shot yesterday if you ever need a more convincing bench shot :wink: