• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

NIKE Wrap!

btropical.com

IMagine what thought when they seen Tiger Woods pull upin his cadillac wasted and naked running around palm beach with a turkey on his putter

John L

Yep, thats not a wrap. Where's the cloud background faded to hell fire, and shaded, textured, double outlined, drop shadowed from three different light sources swish?

I'm kidding. Way to go. Don't let those guys leave town till you get your check.

HulkSmash

Yep, thats not a wrap. Where's the cloud background faded to hell fire, and shaded, textured, double outlined, drop shadowed from three different light sources swish?

I'm kidding. Way to go. Don't let those guys leave town till you get your check.

Got it ;)

CheapVehicleWrap

Did a full wrap on an RV for Kodak once. Design SUKKED and they wouldn't budge. As a matter of fact, the graphics were so low res you couldn't do a snowboard with them. Managed to get the graphics half way decent and it was a rush job. Pretty penny they paid since I also rented the RV for a month too.

Got a call 2 months ago for the Rachael Ray show in NY to wrap their RV. Call came in at 4:20 on a Friday. Returned the call back 20 minutes later and they had already 'found someone'. This was to be DONE for the following Tuesdays show. Actually glad they found someone on that one doubt they could have afforded it.

Yeah Uhaul will bang them for the paint removal. I'll only use Phototex on those.

SlightlyChilled

Not trying to be a DIC but the swoosh looks funny. like its to fat or something. Hell ya hope they keep coming back that's a good name to have in your book

Marlene

All they wanted was a "Tiffany Blue" Nike Tick on a black background. I offered more they didn't want it.It's put on to a UHAUL trailer. The Reason it's wrapped is because the trailer Looked like Crap - and they wanted a better presentation. It was a last minute thing so they had to rent a trailer, I guess they didn't have one of their own in the area.

They liked it - and are coming tomorrow to talk about more work as i remove the wrap. So yeah im ok with what this turned out to.

you did as they wanted and they were happy and will be talking about other jobs with you and that is great! congrats on getting the job. for those who are crapping on the job, what would you have done? told NIKE to stick it as you wouldn't wrap such a horrid looking rental? told them that you wouldn't make a blue on black for them as you didn't think it was up to your standards? some days, the posts just make me wonder about some of you.

Craig Sjoquist

Simple as it is you scored big, thats what mattered BRAVO looks great compared to a ratty U Haul trailer they sometimes have in stock

HulkSmash

Thanks guys. This took us an hr and a half to wrap. All 4 sides. Sometimes Big clients wont start off BIG, but you start off building a relationship and hopefully it turns into something more. Hey - you got to start somewhere. And Marlene is right, this is what they wanted, and i would be an idiot to turn it away.

Robert M

Nike

I just passed that trailer on my way to work. it was pulled by a black SUV, I see what the customer was thinking. The matching truck and trailer made it look like a complete package.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Nice job. How long did it take to come up with an agreed upon layout ?? After that, was it hard to get everything to fit ??

HulkSmash

I just passed that trailer on my way to work. it was pulled by a black SUV, I see what the customer was thinking. The matching truck and trailer made it look like a complete package.

Hey Robert - How's things? Last i saw you was at the Vegas show. Stop by any time.

And yeah they just brought back the trailer to be unwrapped and returned it to UHAUL.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Nope. I guess just dumbness on my part. I was just wondering.

Sarcasm....... that never crosses my lips.... or the thwoughts in my wittle bwain.

HulkSmash

Nope. I guess just dumbness on my part. I was just wondering.

Sarcasm....... that never crosses my lips.... or the thwoughts in my wittle bwain.

Welllllllllllllll my bad.

They asked for a blue tick with black background. on each side, back and front.

Then for "layout" we just printed 5x10 foot squares with bleed. (5x10 trailer)
and cut around the contours..Really easy.

routierracing

You should be glad you didn't take creative liberities. Nike has their own designers. Anything they need from a small sign shop they will be looking for someone to do what they are told exactly and turn it around quickly. Like someone else said, their branding has already been figured out on their own. Good job.

BALLPARK

While it is always cool to do work for an Icon type company...

WTF were they thinking? It must have been a last second thing and their art department was on a 4 day lunch break. If they are promoting a new product launch, then why don't they promote it on the trailer..lol?