• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

No longer offering Font finds

Gino

Premium Subscriber
No sense bashing the guy. Basically, he's right. It is kinda pathetic to have so-called professionals coming here asking for fonts 34 times a day. It gets tiring. However, use Fred's new tool or just have more disciplined control when answering, if it's that white knuckling for ya.

For me, it's entertaining to see the same people asking for fonts day in and day out or third party cheap inks. I still come back for more punishment.

The people who ask for the occasional font ID is what it's about. The place is friendly and helpful while being a wealth of information. Heck, look at the wonderful tool Fred just put in for people. This place is just chock-full of that kinda help. We all need help from time to time and this is the place for it.

:clapping:

SignStudent

Did anyone else notice that the paint brush in OP's logo looks like a middle finger? Just thought it was funny and relevant to this thread...

Z SIGNS

Not bashing but

Who really cares.
Your advice and and participation on this forum is just like your sign work.
Below mediocre.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Part of a designer/signmakers job is knowing the proper resources to identify fonts.

:blueboy:

I'm curious as to why you evidently feel that our Fonts and Typography Forum doesn't meet your definition of a "proper resource"? The first thread out of 13,710 threads was posted on 12-17-2003 (which I'm pretty sure predates Whatthefont.com). It is moderated by your humble host who is a former type dealer and the developer/publisher of a program in 1993 named FontFinder[SUP][SUB]TM[/SUB][/SUP] which was the first program to identify type from a printed sample. Our Fonts and Typography Forum bears the following description:

Discussion of fonts. Design, technology, usage, classification and identification.

Where did we go wrong?

studio 440

there is a reason tiki is the font sage ,and j hill is very generous with his help . This is one of the greatest features on this site .Thank you all, its these posts about typography that i always read to see if i know it. And i would also like to thank Fred and Gino.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
two observations...

1. who are you?

2. when you have gino agreeing with you, that can't be good....

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I will no longer be offering my personal grooming tips so please don't ask.

wayne k
guam usa

Just Me

After further consideration I will no longer offer font finding. Don't get me wrong, i'm more than happy to help out once in awhile but this font thing has gotten out of hand. Part of a designer/signmakers job is knowing the proper resources to identify fonts. If you can't find it you will have to inform the customer/client you cannot use the same font. As stated in other posts regarding fonts there is software for purchase at a more than reasonable cost and CorelDRAW for one comes with "WhatTheFont" plugin that works wonders.

let the bashing begin
umm, who cares? maybe some day you might need help JS

Ppcwilly

This thread is funny

I love reading this forum and thanks for all the help you guys have given in the short time I have been here.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Is it myront or MyRant?

Ok...so I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt due to a possible snafu with your autocorrect.

I'm sure you meant to say no more fault finding, right?

JB

AnthonyRalano

attachment.php
What the font is going on around here?

Attachments

• 666.JPG
    666.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 168

SignosaurusRex

After further consideration I will no longer offer font finding. Don't get me wrong, i'm more than happy to help out once in awhile but this font thing has gotten out of hand. Part of a designer/signmakers job is knowing the proper resources to identify fonts. If you can't find it you will have to inform the customer/client you cannot use the same font. As stated in other posts regarding fonts there is software for purchase at a more than reasonable cost and CorelDRAW for one comes with "WhatTheFont" plugin that works wonders.

let the bashing begin

Don't take yourself so seriously. It will only drive you to insanity.
BTW... Helping others when they ask for help, is one of the greatest joys that this short life has to offer. What they do with it or whether they learn from it, is of no concern.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
J Hill Designs & Fred are the daytime Champs, SignosaurusRex is the nighttime Champ, Tikiboyz is a robot.

Speedsterbeast

I can't imagine ever being at a point where I've helped more people than times I've been helped. I am very aware that I take more than I give here, but it's not from lack of trying. If I ever live long enough to gain as much sign making wisdom as some of the contributors here, then I will first consider myself lucky that I've gotten that far in life, then I will ungrudgingly continue to pay it back for as long as I'm able. Thanks to all those who continue to help with all aspects of what we do on this site.

Marlene

sure some ask all the time but who cares? I like reading the posts to see if I know it by sight as it helps keep my ablities to ID a font sharp. do I ask from time to time? I sure do as there are tons of fonts out there and after running it thru everything on my own, I ask here as it is a resource. don't want to help then don't but just remember that people will help those who do their best to help others and ignore the people who never off anything.

player

Hey MYRON!

Don't worry about having to ask for a font in the future...

I will still try to find it for you.