• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

No-Maintenance Exterior Sign

Kaitlin Boisvert

I have a client that wants a no-maintenance exterior sign and I'd like know if anyone has any suggestions.
It will be a 17"H x 50"W panel with the client's logo in color.
They want to be able to have it last a long time and only be pressure-washed when needed. It also needs to stay simple to keep cost down.
Please let me know what you think! Thank you!

kcollinsdesign

Old member
You could sell them a carved stone or concrete sign, or baked cermaic steel, and there are other options but they all cost a fortune or have limited applications. Your best bet is to design a sign using typical high-quality materials availble to the sign industry, then sell a maintenance and service package to go along with it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We're running a special on this right now. White copy and graphics on a white background. 50% off and should last between 10 and 15 years, except for bird guano. That'll need some washing, but use mild detergents and you'll be fine.

Billct2

as has been said the only signs that come close to that are Expen$ive. The subsurface fiberglass signs used at parks & zoos are one example and even they only have like a 10 year warranty. For the average customer a factory finished panel like dibond with cut cast vinyl graphics is going to last the logest for a reasonable price. But NO powerwashing! If they want it to last hand wash and wax with a spray on car wax a few times a year and it will extend the life significantly.

GB2

Old Member
Depending on what the logo looks like and what colors are involved...the best options are probably routed King Color Core or Corian. Let me know if you need it done....

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Low maintenance? Exactly what maintenance is required for a typical flat sign? You put it up and in a few ayears it starts to look bad so you take it down and put up another. That is assuming that the excessively anal specimens who would have such a silly requirement would still be in business.

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
If they really want to powerwash it, 2nd surface paint on an embossed panface will last decades.

Just have to talk them into it.

jimbug72

Maybe the experts here would know better but if it's a digital print, it seems to me that a double lam would add more UV inhibitors and extend the life of the print