• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Not exactly logo......................................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Have a customer, whose been around for maybe 25 years or so. He changed companies about 15 years ago. He's a real estate agent..... and a pretty good one. He works for Century 21 who has very strict guidelines when it comes to their colors and proportions.

Anyway, he has a property worth about 1.5 million to list and he wants more colors on the sign. I told him corporate won't allow it. He finally says, the owner is demanding it. He said if you won't make it, I'll go somewhere else who will use whatever color scheme this guy wants. I kiddingly said, if he wanted a colorful sign, why didn't he pick ReMax ?? Well, that p!ssed my guy off even further. He said, I'll get back to ya.

All I know is, the color scheme is pretty much black, dull gold and white and if ya want you can do a reverse. He wants red bands and some blue to make it more attractive. He said this looks dead.
GUIDO.jpg

:thankyou: Gino

Billct2

Unless I had a direct contract with corporate purchasing (like some of those online place realtors buy their stuff) I'd make them whatever they want.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Could you divide the sign and put the Century 21 logo in the appropriate colors on one end and all info on the other much larger end.

unclebun

Gino, your sign doesn't even come close to the corporate guidelines for signage. It's not black they require. It's a dark gray. Helvetica isn't one of the font choices. The font you used for informational copy isn't either. The use of the logo and wordmark isn't correct.

Here are some examples of signs or banners we've done which follow the guidelines and were approved for coop.

Century 21 Prestige 5x4 Commercial property 9.14.18.jpg

Century 21 Prestige 3x8 Grand Opening sponsor banner.jpg

Century 21 Prestige 3x5 Grand Opening event.jpg

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If we might not concentrate on the typeface, what about the colors he wants to use/add.

To tell ya the truth, I do the mockups in black, but cut a dark grey vinyl. Forgot about that.

All the layouts are accepted by their office, which is where I get most of my information. However, can you tell me what is the correct font ?? I guess no one's ever questioned that before.

Baz

God awfull layout. Spacing, alignment, positive/negative space, fonts strecthed.
It's not just the colors that are the problem with this sign.

BluetailGFX

Journeyman
I dont think with the new C21 branding they are that strict....... Both of these truck concepts were approved, supposedly with corporate for coop.........And they are clearly not to spec on the corporate guidelines.

I would just make it to the clients specs of "more color" and let it be known that you dont think it would be approved for coop. Its just a for sale sign, I would doubt corporate would even get involved for a coop.

Attachments

• truck wraps.jpg
    truck wraps.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 269

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Gino said:
All the layouts are accepted by their office, which is where I get most of my information. However, can you tell me what is the correct font ?? I guess no one's ever questioned that before.

Pages 68-73 in the C21 Masterbrand Guidelines list the Typold, Oakes and Barlow families for various uses. The same applies in the sign guidelines. Myriad Pro and Helvetica don't work.

Aside from the type requirements, the current C21 program is a real PITA for the white space requirements and other element positioning requirements.

unclebun

Primary font for headlines and subheads is Typold, in various weights and regular/extended/condensed.
Body Copy is Oakes and Oakes Bold.
Numbers, taglines, legal are in Barlow Semi Condensed Regular and Medium.

These and the C21 Masterbrand Guidelines pdf file and C21 Signage Guidelines pdf which has rules for how to design signage are all available to the agent from Century 21 for free download and distribution to sign shops.

shoresigns

Corporate brand guidelines for a large real estate franchise are destined to fail on everyday signage and marketing materials. The only way to guarantee that the guidelines will be followed, is to have a centralized design team that takes care of all the design work for every office.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
Corporate brand guidelines for a large real estate franchise are destined to fail on everyday signage and marketing materials. The only way to guarantee that the guidelines will be followed, is to have a centralized design team that takes care of all the design work for every office.
Actually, the reality for franchises is to demand use of approved vendors.

These guys knew how to operate their RE franchises. Art of C21 liked blazers, Steve of Realty World and Prudential was more casual. They're missed.

YetAnotherVentureOfArt's.jpg

Steve'sGroup.jpg

ikarasu

It might be a bit different up there... but in Canada we were told so long as the broker manager signs off on the sign, you can deviate on certain things like colors.

We have one Century 21 branch that hates the new look, and we make their signs with the old branding... havent got in trouble yet.

There were a few times it was signed off by the manager, and we had to re-do them because corporate said it was too far off. But since they signed off on it, it was on them to pay for it - But thats happened twice in 5 years, so its not too common.

I say if the manager approves it... go ahead and do it. The agent is likely the one who will get in trouble, not you

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Clients get in trouble for deviating from branding guidelines in their signage. When that happens many clients will try to pass the buck back to the sign company. Sign companies are supposed to know better. I've been around long enough to see reps from major companies force a local store with non-compliant signage to remove the offending stuff or face having their franchise pulled or even legal action. Jacking around with the colors of a national brand or even altering elements of the brand itself can be grounds for trademark infringement. City governments have been sued for trademark infringement and lost in court after trying to force local stores to change the colors in a national logo.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I agree with his idea of adding the red - I don't see how that would hurt anything. I do NOT agree with adding blue. I'm not a fan of red, white and blue unless it's something to do with an American theme. I would not worry about getting "caught" that's the agents problem.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Do it the way he wants and have him sign a waiver. If corporate sees it and gripes it'll be on him and he'll have to re-order. p.s. Happened to us.
And just for giggles here are the colors. Why no pantones is beyond me.

upload_2020-10-13_15-55-26.png