• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just In Not really hand made..................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I didn't hand make the awning, but I did double coat the words on it. First coat took about an hour. Pounced it on and painted yesterday. The second coat took about 30 minutes, today. It's white latex on maroon Sunbrella. About 14' wide and 10" high, except for the little lettering. For me, this was refreshing and made for self satisfaction.
close up.jpg

Made a darned good buck, too.

Billct2

I remember doing vinyl awnings with vinyl screen ink thinned to lettering consistency...the smell was atrocious

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I remember doing vinyl awnings with vinyl screen ink thinned to lettering consistency...the smell was atrocious

Yeah, used my fair share of that crap, too over the years. Burned quite a few nose hairs out. I swear with all the junk we used years ago, that's why my sense of smell has lessened. Cripes, back then, you didn't even hafta wear masks when spraying lacquer. I knew a guy who had holes burned throughout his brain from never wearing a mask. :confused:

HulkSmash

All Cut by hand, 6 layers -

Brushed Dibond,
2nd surface Clear vinyl printed with baby blue
White Vinyl for Flood behind blue
.75 inch acrylic stepped in.
more Di cut brushed metal for lettering, and glued to acrylic
Finished off with LED lighting behind & 1 inch standoffs

ok just kidding.. we used a CnC router for everything.

Attachments

• 0805191623a.jpg
    0805191623a.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 295

signbrad

I enjoy lettering fabric awnings, too. especially if it's on location and I get out of the shop. That way I don't have to look at or listen to my boss.

A valance flapping in the breeze can be a problem, but if you clamp a piece of wood or aluminum behind the fabric it is not a problem.
The last two or three I have done I have used Nova Color acrylic mural paint.

Brad

rossmosh

All Cut by hand, 6 layers -

Brushed Dibond,
2nd surface Clear vinyl printed with baby blue
White Vinyl for Flood behind blue
.75 inch acrylic stepped in.
more Di cut brushed metal for lettering, and glued to acrylic
Finished off with LED lighting behind & 1 inch standoffs

ok just kidding.. we used a CnC router for everything.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you end up charging for that project?