• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Not sure what to charge

bpatrick3

Most work I do is large format printing for POP, tradeshows ect.. I have completed 2 Sprinter vans for a real good customer and I am not sure what to charge since I really do not do much. I used all premium 8 year cast vinyl. The photo shows the approved layout.

Attachments

• Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 162

bpatrick3

Thanks Jimmy,
Is that for both Sprinter vans???
I did not have any design time, The clients art dept took care of that.

Flame

Somethingthat easy $250 per van. Looked like a two hour job per van.

OUCCHHHHHH.

I'd be at the $600 range, a couple years ago like $750, but getting kind of tight here.

That's with all artwork supplied.

bpatrick3

Well guys, I was planning on going with $550.00 for the first van and $450.00 for additional but I think that I will kick it up to $600.00 and $500.00. I have $160.00 just in the special order vinyl. I would rather stay at the shop than charge $250 a van

chopper

Been doing this 21 years....if I priced like that I would not have any repeat biz.

at $250.00 each who would want repeat biz....
at that rate I would be out of business, time to raise the rates...
//chopper

sardocs

We did a sprinter last week with a similar amount of copy. It was a repeat or a job we did a year ago for the same client so the artwork was already complete. It did include a 6" stripe that ran from the rear to the middle of the front doors. The client was happy to pay $1000. He was surprised I knocked $200 off because the art was already done.

Adam Bennett

We get around $1K for sprinters with similar coverage, but would produce a contour cut print instead of using two colors of vinyl

Billct2

Geez this is what's wrong with our business, one guy's doing the job for the other guys repeat discount!

k.a.s.

Well guys, I was planning on going with $550.00 for the first van and $450.00 for additional but I think that I will kick it up to $600.00 and $500.00. I have $160.00 just in the special order vinyl. I would rather stay at the shop than charge $250 a van

I'm not far from you here in Ohio, I think your price is more than fair. I would be about $550.00 as well.

And Mosh, no offense but...$250.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you like doing vinyl that much that you enjoy working for free?? I can get almost that for a nice set of truck doors, I would stay in bed before doing that van for $250.00.

Kevin

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Only you know your area and what the local market will bear, but I think you're leaving money on the table at $600 per and why a 17% discount ?? Preferably around $750 to $850 each..... and that includes a discount.

The $250 sounds a bit unrealistic, but if that's all he can get.... then so be it. The rest of you should be glad you don't have him for competition or live in his neck of the woods.

Doyle

I have completed 2 Sprinter vans for a real good customer and I am not sure what to charge since I really do not do much.

That sounds like trouble to me.... you have already completed the vans and customer did not get a quote from you FIRST?

I would be around $800/ea

Jillbeans

That is a lotta cut vynull small text on that!
Last Sprinter I did (actually the only one so far) had cut vynull and subbed out prints and I got $750, very minimal copy.
If someone is doing that for $250 they are insane, sorry. I can get that for two truck doors on a good day.
And why the OP would do a job without a set price is also rather insane.
And Flamey, if the economy is so bad, and all our materials costs have risen, why would your prices be lower now?
Love....Jill