• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Not the flying cars we were promised but still pretty cool

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
50mph+ from an 80-pound cordless hampster wheel is amazing. But, the first faceplant would be the end of me so I'm just going to enjoy other people zipping around and hurting themselves on one of these:

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Death trap. Sorry, that was the mom in me speaking. I'm inclined to prevent the death of my loved ones
I would like to try it though. It's okay if I die. I'd get props for my adventurous nature. For once.

ikarasu

Crazy.

I put an while motor I bought from China on my mountain bike to get to work and back - over here the bikes are limited to 30 km/h... We'll, I bought directly from china and I could get my bike to go 75 km/h.... It felt like a death trap. I can't imagine being on a single wheel going those speeds....

Even if you master it and get confident. At those speeds you have to be on the road and not the side walk... The roads are filled with way too many idiots to risk it.

netsol

kind of like the segway scooter on steroids

did you ever go to bermuda and ride a scooter around the island. i remember thinking it was interesting that they limited/forbid cars on an island made mostly of razor sharp coral

ChicagoGraphics

Thoes one wheels are all over in China, the bad thing is they can only ride them on the side walks along with the e-bikes, scooters and those two wheel ones in the city I'm in.

VizualVoice

I just learned how to change my title status
Just sayin'

Attachments

• 307034422_10226157465555417_2839054308342858851_n.jpg
    307034422_10226157465555417_2839054308342858851_n.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 86

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What for ?? Other than a guinea pig, you can't take anything with ya. My legs would tire out and I'd hafta sit on the tire. Now, that would hurt.

Last edited:

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
That electric unicycle looks like a pretty cool gadget, but probably involves a good learning curve just to be able to ride it. I can just imagine taking a spill, ending up with bad road rash and maybe a broken wrist (or worse).

That "wheel" doesn't seem practical for any sort of everyday, short-distance commuting purposes. If you wear a helmet and any protective wear over your clothing it will leave you looking messy when you get to the office. Here in Oklahoma you'll get sweaty in our hot weather for nearly half the year. I usually bring a few items with me to work, which is no problem when you drive a full cab pickup truck. You can attach a cargo rack to most bicycles. It doesn't look like one could carry anything while riding that wheel. That sort of reduces it down to being a $3000 recreational device.

There are some great 2-wheel e-bike models out there. Unfortunately Lawton has very little in the way of bicycle path infrastructure, which forces bicyclists to use the streets. Way too many motorists here drive their vehicles while looking more at their phones rather than the road and their surroundings. Commuting via bicycle here is a pretty risky practice.