• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Océ Arizona 318 GL

Jack Knight1979

There are a couple threads on this exact topic. CET is coming out or has come out with a Q series printer. The q is for Quality. : ) I've spoken on the phone at length with CET and they're a top notch company.

I am impressed with the 318, but it does not have the speed I would want for that kind of money.

Also, CET's are field upgradable.

artbot

remember to really critique the ink as much as the machine. we have a 6x10 CET installing in a few weeks and have been jobbing out projects to a local FB700. the ink from the HP does not adhere nearly as well as the CET ink, also it has lower scratch resistance. solvent resistance is non-existant. so get samples and abuse them, pour solvents on them, and hack away at them. no level of resolution is worth delivering product that has to be delicately handled.

Jack Knight1979

but the CET color gamut is less than on the fb700.

I'm curious to see how muted the CET color is compared to another brand like HP of Oce.

A slightly muted gamut is better compared to a brighter ink that wipes off. haha.

Last edited:

Letterbox Mike

Our CET took us some time to profile, not going to lie its not the easiest thing under the sun to get a huge gamut out of. I think we've been fairly successful at creating some reasonably good profiles without sacrificing too much speed though. On the flip side, others here are right, the ink is bulletproof. Far far more durable than I ever expected. Once cured it takes some serious effort to scratch it off or wipe it off. Alcohol has zero effect on it, and you've got to rub pretty hard with lacquer thinner to affect it.

We compared prints from HP, Oce and Agfa and the CET ink is in a different league in terms of adhesion an durability.

artbot

here's the samples that i have been beating to death for my boss to show him that the ink can take a licking. they are pristine.

Attachments

• low res.jpg
    low res.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 124

Nicky Zhou

PrintLinks
We have serval Oce 318GL working here, OCE offer two kinds of ink, Flexible and rigid ink. Both inks show great color gamut, and very good adhersion, even on aluminum matereials. OCE 318 use Toshiba CA4 print head, 318 nozzles, 53.6mm width, Grayscale from 6pl to 42pl, 8 levels. It can print 4 point text with very clear edge.
The Oce 318GL have serval print mode, which you can choose per your job. The disadvantage is the speed, normally we are working at 6-7 sqm/h.
Regarding the CET Q series flatbed printer, using Richo GEN4, 382 nozzles, 32mm width, Grayscale from 7pl to 21pl, 3 levels.
So far as i know, the CET printer color is not as good as OCE printer. But their print quality is good.
Why not print your test file by both machines to compare, and try to check printer at customer side or consult some customers for advice.

Nicky

artbot

nicky is a great guy. he's a PHD as far as printers go. the samples that i mentioned above were AOjet samples (a CET platform model). they looks spectacular and the ink is like formica.

benjakes

Nicky,

Oces ink contract with china is much different than the US The Ricoh head is much better than the t-tech head, as it's firing consistency is much truer.

CET has two inks too. Call them. The gamut with the 49 series is much better than oce's, but you give up adhesion. I use it everyday.

Nicky Zhou

PrintLinks
Nicky,

Oces ink contract with china is much different than the US The Ricoh head is much better than the t-tech head, as it's firing consistency is much truer.

CET has two inks too. Call them. The gamut with the 49 series is much better than oce's, but you give up adhesion. I use it everyday.

Yeah, I am not sure if the Oce make different inks for China market, there is different in China now, In south of China, People focus on the adhesion a lot, when north China, ink gamut will help you a lot to sell the printer.

I understand the Ricoh head will be easy to handle, toshiba need more care. They are both good head. Richo head combine the quality and easy handle. When Toshiba much better quality. We have one Oce 550GT, use Toshiba Ce2/4 head, amazing quality. 2 years already, do a great job.

It is great CET has two inks. I think I will see its performance on the coming USA show...

What about their Spectra head printer, can also have two inks?