• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Omega 5.0 is here

signage

Yes it is done by chechung for update and as far as I know can only be done on a system connected to the internet!

Tony Teveris

Just to let all Omega 5.0 users know there is a update (Build 40) on our server. Use the Omega 5.0 "Check for Updates" to get the latest.

GB2

Old Member
Tony, I have 2 seats of Omega 3.0 and 1 Omega 3.0 Design Station, would that require 3 full upgrades at the same rate?

Tony Teveris

The "Check for Updates" in Omega 5.0 is only through the Gerber FTP site which you do not have access. We no longer provide it as a download. The current Update build is 40. If you do not have access to the internet on a computer that needs to be updated you can email me and I can email you the update on a computer that has access to the internet and copy it to the Omega 5.0 system and execute it.

ThinkRight

The "Check for Updates" in Omega 5.0 is only through the Gerber FTP site which you do not have access. We no longer provide it as a download. The current Update build is 40. If you do not have access to the internet on a computer that needs to be updated you can email me and I can email you the update on a computer that has access to the internet and copy it to the Omega 5.0 system and execute it.

:goodpost:
Now that is what I call service !:clapping:

Tony Teveris

Just to let all Omega 5.0 users know there is a update (Build 42) on our server. Use the Omega 5.0 "Check for Updates" to get the latest.

For those users that do not have email on your system I can email the *.ZIP file to you upon request. Email me directly if you want it.

Marlene

thanks for the heads up. I really love the one click update option it makes it so easy to stay current.

afinn35

Import issues

Is anyone else having import issues with 5.0 upgrade? I never had an issue importing in the several years prior to 5.0. Now I am unable to import tif files i previously printed with... any help much appreciated.

afinn35

5.0 file import

Hello Tony,

I have a file, built and last printed with 4.0. It is two simple tif images surrounded by a perimeter cut.

When I open the file I can see the images. When I go to print to FX it asks for the files. I navigate to them and it instantly refreshes and asks for the same file.

I tried to import the tif's into a new file and rebuild and I receive a message that the files are unable to be imported. "UNKNOWN FILE TYPE"

I am able to import other files. Karen @ gerber has these files. I have not heard back from her.

Thanks for any help...

TSDC1

Hello All. First post here for me. I am new to this site but not new to message boards. I am the IT guy for a decor company near Dallas, TX. We recently upgraded to omega 5 from omega 2 and have a couple of nuisance issues. I thought maybe I could get some help here. While we have a vinyl department the issues I am currently having is in our router room.

We use Art Path to output files to a Sabre 408 via Comm port. When we use the File/Open option and choose the drop down for file type, the list does not stay open. The workaround is to hold the mouse button down while you scroll through and pick the file type. Not a big deal just a nuisance. Also, If you select "All Files" as the file type the file will open but it is corrupt. You must choose the proper type from the list for the file to open correctly. Again just a nuisance. Any suggestions?

Computer specs i5 6 GB ram, plenty of drive space and a fresh install of Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. The only other software on this machine is Microsoft Security Essentials and Office.

TIA,
Matt