• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Omega plot seems to be sending old files for cutting

gabagoo

I have no idea how this can happen but it just did this morning and I have seen it before.

I have not even had that particular computer on for 2 days since the last job it ran.

This morning I set up a print cut job and when it finished printing I hit the cut button. Unfortunately it started cutting in the wrong place and I know by the sound the plotter was making that it was set for cutting reflective, which was the job we ran 2 days ago.
I killed the cutter and resent the cut info and this time it got it right although the first few decals are garbage now.

How can it send cut information from 2 days earlier when the file is not even open in the plot software?
Where do i go to make sure this does not happen again?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Sounds to me like the old file was in the "cue" or "spooler" (used to buffer the jobs) within the program, or the printer itself. There should be an option to dump a file after it's been cut.

JB

Marlene

you did a job, sent it to the plotter and cut the job then shut off both the plotter and computer, then two days later, sent another job to the plotter and it tried to cut the job sent two days earlier? is this correct?

gabagoo

you did a job, sent it to the plotter and cut the job then shut off both the plotter and computer, then two days later, sent another job to the plotter and it tried to cut the job sent two days earlier? is this correct?

yes, thats the part that baffles me. How would I have caught this before it happened...is there something that would have been visible on the screen to indicate something like this was going to happen?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
yes, thats the part that baffles me. How would I have caught this before it happened...is there something that would have been visible on the screen to indicate something like this was going to happen?

We have GQMgr in our start up files, so it always opens on a boot or reboot. From there its a simple matter of looking to see if any job is still listed for any device.

Marlene

Q

when I am in composer, I click on "output all" which takes me to the plot page. it isn't until I select the cut icon that the GQMrg starts up. was your GQMrg availble to click onto when you went to the plot page or did it come up after you selected the cut icon?

gabagoo

I will have to make a habit to look from now on. I guess if you accidently hit the cut button twice and do not realize it, then it waits in que, even after the power has been shut off.

Robert Boyd

gabagoo,
I have had the same thing happen several times.
Days later after a job has been completed.
Ghosts in the machine. It doesn't make any sense.
I was using a sprint as a plotter and always blamed it on oldness

gabagoo

Honestly I have never even looked at the gqmgr.

I am now and see you can run the equipment from within it.
I send my jobs from composer and I do the cut from there also.

I have a job currently ready to cut but I do not actually see anything in the gqmgr.
I have not sent it for cut yet it has just been printed.
Is this correct?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Honestly I have never even looked at the gqmgr.

I am now and see you can run the equipment from within it.
I send my jobs from composer and I do the cut from there also.

I have a job currently ready to cut but I do not actually see anything in the gqmgr.
I have not sent it for cut yet it has just been printed.
Is this correct?

If you open the GQMgr spooler so you can watch what happens and then send a job, you will see it appear and run there under the device you sent to. So, for example, if you are printing and cutting an Edge job, it will appear under the Edge on GQMgr and when you send it to cut, it will appear under the plotter.

gabagoo

Thanks Fred, I will keep an eye on it. Just weird that in 15 years of running this machine that this happens now.

Tony Teveris

You can do as Fred said or start it from the Windows Start menu via Gerber Omega x.00. It's in the list.

Or you can go to the QUEUE folder (found in different locations depending upon software version) and delete any files except the GSP.NET file