• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Our Annual Parade Float

SignManiac

First, glad to hear that Pats paint dried in time for his event. :thumb: I know what it's like to race the clock, and it can be very stressful.

I started work on our float Friday for a Saturday night parade. Barely pulled it off. Actually had to build two but the other one wasn't anything special to speak of, so no posted pics.

Here are a few shots of it before dark and the finale shot after the parade was over with our entire gang. I was driving because I don't like anything about Christmas except maybe designing and building the float. I'm glad it only comes once a year.

Attachments

• CIMG3430.JPG
    CIMG3430.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 98
  • CIMG3431.JPG
    CIMG3431.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 97
  • CIMG3432.JPG
    CIMG3432.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 71
  • CIMG3433.JPG
    CIMG3433.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 70
  • CIMG3436.JPG
    CIMG3436.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 68

SignManiac

Yes we must have had about thirty or so elves and assorted characters in our troop. The parade itself only lasted an hour or so. The heineken afterwards made it all tolerable for me.

iSign

Nice job maniac...

almost looks like you could live in that roof if you put a house under it...
it ain't coro is it?

who is your "troop"?
scouts? friends? church?

and what is HUT8?

SignManiac

Doug, it's all smoke and mirrors. Mostly 4x8 sheets of bleached white cardboard. Cost about $4.00 a sheet and printed on the FB in billboard mode takes around five minutes or so. Some 1"x4" to build the structure for the roof edges, front and back of the house, and chimney. Banner on the ass end. The sleigh I built years ago and we use it every year along with the coro reindeer.

This year we had no power failures from all of the lights. A local company donated his super duper battery/inverter setup so it all worked perfectly!

Oh the troop is employees, friends and family. I have two other business partners, a husband and wife team, and between us, we have several other companies. Hut#8 is our newest franchise offering, an upscale designer clothing consignment shop, along with Goin Postal, Skywatch, Lifesize, and a few other new ideas we are currently developing.

threeputt

Great job. You carried it off well, especially under the gun like that.
Thank goodness for digital printers, eh?

SignManiac

I just got these pics off of the other camera. Besides the float, we also do up the store so all of the kids can get a free photo with Santa. Close to three hundred kids in all.

This is the set we designed for the backdrop along with me pretty much wiped out after all was said and done. Thankfully, this is the last event we put on for the year.

Attachments

• hut-01.jpg
    hut-01.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 101
  • hut-02.jpg
    hut-02.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 99

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:thumb:

That second elf looks a might scary..... don't let the kids talk to that one :ROFLMAO: