• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Our most valued employee has passed.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
After years of retirement, my best buddy "Ozzy" didn't like me leaving every day again, so he went to the shop with me almost every day.
He was quiet, kind, gentle, even had a girlfriend there (owners have a miniature schnauzer that they started bringing in too). He put in as many hours as I did, would meet and greet all who came through the door, regulars and delivery people would always bring treats. Often I'm there by myself, if someone pulled in he'd come and find me to let me know we had visitors. If you were having a bad day, he would act silly and do whatever it took to make you smile. He helped make it a very stress free environment, in many ways he was as valued as anyone there, our little ray of sunshine. Unfortunately he had some health issues that were catching up with him, and last Tuesday we had to lay him to rest. The rest of the week I could still feel him there in my office, just sitting and watching me, as he often did, waiting to see what we were going to do next. He really seemed proud to be a part of the action. The shop will never be the same...

Attachments

• rip ozzy.jpg
    rip ozzy.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 401
  • Ozzy_office.jpg
    Ozzy_office.jpg
    320.2 KB · Views: 172
  • Ozzy_Lucy.jpg
    Ozzy_Lucy.jpg
    703.6 KB · Views: 180

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
That made my eyes sting. I'm sorry for your loss DL, sounds like Ozzy was a loved and valued companion. And what a cutie pie!

Lucky Sky

So sorry for your loss. I had a Boston Terrier that was with me daily in the shop until she died. Hang in there it's hard. I end up having a heart attack (broken heart) after she died. We have other dogs now, but none like her.

DL Signs

Thanks everyone. He was waaayyyy above the pay grade of a reprobate like me.

Got him when he was six weeks old from a friend, he was the runt of the litter no one wanted, so she just gave him to us. Within a couple of months, I was in bed one night, wife was up (she has MS and often can't sleep), and he started jumping all over my head, going nuts. I thought he had to go out, so I put him on the floor, and he ran to the living room where my wife was having a seizure, something she had never had before, and it was a bad one. He set the bar high at such a young age by saving her, and always alerted when she was having one, sometimes up to a minute before till we got them under control. After my heart attack he walked me every day. He's been in the newspaper, on TV, the face for several animal charities in the area. The running joke was I'm a drummer, and he's more famous than I could ever hope to be, and it was true. Never trained to do anything, but did everything right. He wasn't afraid of anything, he even liked fireworks, would sit and watch them with his tail wagging. Oddest little guy ever.

Just last week I was out in the shop, and he came out to get me, I thought someone was here... Nope, the printer had an error, and was beeping. He'd do stuff like that all the time, he just picked up on everything, always wanting to help... Way too smart to be my dog, and set the bar just a little too high to probably ever think about getting another one.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya know, we just just put our last cat down after having cats..... and dogs since the mid 80's and although we wanna replace them, we're at an age, it doesn't make sense to become attached to another, then for US to leave this world and someone who doesn't really want it, takes it. Ya never know what'll happen to them, when YOU'RE not around.

JamesLam

Talking about long lost pets with an ex employee he said when his uncle died he didn't shed a tear, his dog died and he cried for a month.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Thanks everyone. He was waaayyyy above the pay grade of a reprobate like me.

Got him when he was six weeks old from a friend, he was the runt of the litter no one wanted, so she just gave him to us. Within a couple of months, I was in bed one night, wife was up (she has MS and often can't sleep), and he started jumping all over my head, going nuts. I thought he had to go out, so I put him on the floor, and he ran to the living room where my wife was having a seizure, something she had never had before, and it was a bad one. He set the bar high at such a young age by saving her, and always alerted when she was having one, sometimes up to a minute before till we got them under control. After my heart attack he walked me every day. He's been in the newspaper, on TV, the face for several animal charities in the area. The running joke was I'm a drummer, and he's more famous than I could ever hope to be, and it was true. Never trained to do anything, but did everything right. He wasn't afraid of anything, he even liked fireworks, would sit and watch them with his tail wagging. Oddest little guy ever.

Just last week I was out in the shop, and he came out to get me, I thought someone was here... Nope, the printer had an error, and was beeping. He'd do stuff like that all the time, he just picked up on everything, always wanting to help... Way too smart to be my dog, and set the bar just a little too high to probably ever think about getting another one.
That's incredible. You lost more than a little buddy, for sure. He definitely set the bar high, you will never find that kind of spirit in another animal.

DL Signs

Ya know, we just just put our last cat down after having cats..... and dogs since the mid 80's and although we wanna replace them, we're at an age, it doesn't make sense to become attached to another, then for US to leave this world and someone who doesn't really want it, takes it. Ya never know what'll happen to them, when YOU'RE not around.
I'm at that point too... If I get another I know I'll out-live it, my wife is younger, but would have a hard time taking care of one by herself with all her medical issues. Plus she never wants to go through this again either.

gnubler

Talking about long lost pets with an ex employee he said when his uncle died he didn't shed a tear, his dog died and he cried for a month.
Says a lot about the state of humanity. The animals win because they don't talk back.

I watched a Youtube video recently, just a random pick, about a family that put together a 30 minute tribute about their weird cat who managed to last 23 years. He looked like a sweetie! I almost started crying at the end when they said one day he just closed his eyes and went to sleep, I knew it was coming.

Can't say I would feel the same emotion in dealing with a person's death. To most of them, I say 'good riddance'.