• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Our Process for Building a Brand

Dan Antonelli

We're often asked about what it takes to design a new brand for a small business and then begin implementing it. I wrote a quick blog article about a recent brand we created, and how it came to fruition.

Our typical brand process is approx. 26-30 hours of design work for the logo component. The stationery and vehicle design usually adds another 15 hours.

http://graphicd-signs.com/?p=4782&preview=true

--Dan

Craig Sjoquist

Dan your amazing you share so much & keep on creating out of the box brands for people.

Reading all your books are truly inspiring & looking at my brand & changing according & of course any business that lets me have a challenge to do the same at least with the graphics, anyway thank you again.

ddubia

Thanks Dan, great read and very educational. I'll have to pick up your latest book. I have both of your "Logo Design for Small Business" and look them over frequently for inspiration.

Your current wrap designs are all top notch. Very bold and attention-getting while being simple and clean. By clean I mean there is no clutter. By simple I mean they are easy to read.

I currently have a job of designing a partial wrap for a 16' trailer for a landscaping company. He has a B&W logo they've used for many years and doesn't want to change it at all, as in no colors in the logo. But he does want the trailer to have some pop. Thing is, he doesn't want any green on it. He says his competition is using green. He was thinking some browns or similar.

Not even in the beginning stages of it yet but will be in the next few days. it'll be a real challenge for me. Good thing I like challenges.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
How 'bout talking him into sepia, to look a little old fashioned, and introduce a nice chrome yellow for highlights ??

peavey123

You're an inspirational guy Dan and a great teacher, but I gotta call you out on this. Those sketches are bull! You know as well as everyone else, the other sketches came after the final logo was approved and done specifically for the article. There was no character in the other ones. hahaha kidding ;)

Dan Antonelli

You're an inspirational guy Dan and a great teacher, but I gotta call you out on this. Those sketches are bull! You know as well as everyone else, the other sketches came after the final logo was approved and done specifically for the article. There was no character in the other ones. hahaha kidding ;)

Haha busted. Actually, the mascot was the last sketch we presented. His initial art direction was more art-deco, and then we both decided retro could be better leveraged. The client just got this wrapped today - can't wait to see how it 'really' turned out.