• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Outstanding! Joe Diaz wins Grand Prize

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Congrats Joe, we deserved with all the work you must have put into it.

wayne k
guam usa

Joe Diaz

Amazing work, congrats. Gotta ask, what's it say in German along the top of the big gear/cog?

It roughly translates to: "Beer for the thirsty and good mood for the wretched" Which is close to our saying: Beer for the beerless and cheer for the cheerless.

We have some fellow German Walldog artist that gave me a hand on that translation. My mother's side of the family is German, so I like putting things like that in there. I also hid a reference to back to the future and a few other little things in the design.

Jillbeans

I'm very pleased about this. When installing Corel you get a slide show of past winners and all I could think about while looking at them was how much better Joe Diaz's stuff is.
It's about time a sign-trained person gets recognized for being a great and powerful designer.
Hooray!
Love....Jill

ProWraps

hey joe. you had this in the bag. the contest was merely a formality. you are without a doubt the most talented artist i have seen in my days in the business.

trust me :) im not saying this because i talked to you about redesigning my logo and my website.

i talked to you about redesigning my logo and my website because of your talent.

please just give me the PRE winning the contest price :p

btw, congrats. if you celebrated today, you were the only person that didnt realize you were gonna win. we all knew it a long time ago.

phototec

Great job Joe, well deserved recognition for your outstanding work!

As many have said, some of the best work I have seen!

I'm just so glad they didn't pull an Avatar, you know, like they did to James Cameron for the Oscar for Best Picture, James really deserved the Oscar for Best Picture, however because of Hollywood politics it went to his ex-wife.

Your work is better than all the other entries, just like Avatar was way better than any other movie nominated for Best Picture, I'm happy you got the recognition, enjoy you first prize printer.

:U Rock: :rock-n-roll: :notworthy::clapping: