• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oy vey..................................................

Reveal1

Like the clean layout. In my browser (firefox) much more readable. Agree with those missing the agree/disagree and informative . In fact, could do without 'like' and replace w/ agree/disagree. Not end of world but just a tool to make the site more engaging and a way to get the general feel of how the membership is thinking on a given post.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Like the clean layout. In my browser (firefox) much more readable. Agree with those missing the agree/disagree and informative . In fact, could do without 'like' and replace w/ agree/disagree. Not end of world but just a tool to make the site more engaging and a way to get the general feel of how the membership is thinking on a given post.
I have a full range of emotions to express, and I need the proper buttons to do so. :confused:

ikarasu

I can live with change...It.always sucks at first but you get used to it.

I feel like the ads got way more intrusive though. I can't scroll down on my mobile without half the page being adds. Every 3-4 posts is an add, and sometimes.its every second post.. it doesn't seem as bad on the PC... But this is my view on mobile.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210514-211123_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210514-211123_Chrome.jpg
    812.3 KB · Views: 166

Val47

I can live with change...It.always sucks at first but you get used to it.

I feel like the ads got way more intrusive though. I can't scroll down on my mobile without half the page being adds. Every 3-4 posts is an add, and sometimes.its every second post.. it doesn't seem as bad on the PC... But this is my view on mobile.
Agree. Part of the navigation issues on mobile. I'm seeing this Way more this evening than yesterday.

ikarasu

Yup... Mobile isn't useable. I'm sure I'll get a don't let the door hit your ass on the way out for saying this, but this is likely the last time I use the website on mobile. The ads are insane and fill up half the screen even when scrolling.

An ad per page is fine. An ad every third post that takes up half the screen and changes the layout... No one is going to deal with that.

I'm hoping it's broken right now. Or it gets taken as constructive critisicm rather than the usual "my way or the highway", otherwise it's going to turn a lot of people, old and new away from the site, at least on mobile.

Screenshot_20210515-134313_Chrome.jpg

[Edited to shrink the photo!]

Last edited:

Boudica

yup, thanks. Now this thread just has Ikarasu's giant ass screen shot taking up the whole screen. lol :)

Boudica

wow, that is obnoxious. try refreshing. Close the app It is better for me. but now I'm on a computer so....

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Get adblockplus on the phone...it will eliminate all the ads... this site is compleatly unreadable with all the ads on here. One ad is OK, but all these full screen light boxes, scrolling ads and ads in between posts... way too far.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
i have been a computer consultant for around 40 years (i have been an old fart for a slightly shorter time.)
i would like to think it is the limitations of my ipad and the IOS operating system (rather than my own limitations ) that make navigating this newly updated site one of the most difficult (& perhaps one of the least enjoyable) things i have ever done.

if that tapatalk thing pops up one more time, i will probably go a rampage reminiscent of the criminal minds season finale. from what i read, i need to jailbreak my device to make it stop.
i don't think i have posted 6 times in the last month, because of tapatalk.

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
What is difficult about using the site mobile? I normally only use the site on my laptop, but since using it via mobile, it just as easy to us as on my laptop. Trying to understand the issues.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
perhaps it is my ipad 4.
i can not get past the tapatalk screen.
i can not refuse OR accept. it will not install or revert to using safari. i have to close the popup screens about 10 times every time i want to reply to someone or post a new thread.
granted i own more devices than i can count, but, at home i prefer the older ipad

perhaps time to get a newer ipad. it does seem to work fine on the surface tablet

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
perhaps it is my ipad 4.
i can not get past the tapatalk screen.
i can not refuse OR accept. it will not install or revert to using safari. i have to close the popup screens about 10 times every time i want to reply to someone or post a new thread.
granted i own more devices than i can count, but, at home i prefer the older ipad

perhaps time to get a newer ipad. it does seem to work fine on the surface tablet

Did you login to the site, if to taptalk should go away. or you could use taptalk. If you blocking cookies you will be a endless loop as well...