• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

OZZIE FROM DOWN UNDER JV3130SL ISSUE "help pls""

Mr Avanti

Hello All,

New to the industry and learning i was drawn to your support forum and found it a great learning experience from all you guys.In saying this i have some questions for you .

1) i have a jv3 130sl (using es3 gen inks) Everytime i print anything with black i see a fine mist of black inks spray around the object or letters.Now i have attached a test print for your review.I have also seen this spray in blue as well.

I have soaked the caps for 10minutes at a time with no improvement.I have only had this printer for about 3months as a second owner.

Can anyone advise best action ? Is this a sign of new heads required?

Appreciate your advice,

Cheers,

Mr Avanti (pj)

Attachments

• IMG_2355.jpg
    IMG_2355.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 158

Mr Avanti

follow up from down under

Hello !
Thanks for the prompt response.

Unfortunately i am foreign to some of these terms.I know i use OEM inks (es3 mimaki).The machine is about 2.5 yrs but was stored for a year after 12month of use.It was decommission by a tech and then stored.Its been up and runnning for 2 months with me ,has done about 25 sqr meters of print.

If you can tell me where on the machine i can get the following information below ,i can come back to you ?

Printhead height?
Uni or Bi-Directional?
Resolution and speed?

Appreciate your help,

Cheers,
Mr Avanti

MachServTech

Printhead height? Either high or low
Uni or Bi-Directional? Control is in the RIP
Resolution and speed? Settings in the RIP

RippinPC

You may consider getting someone more knowledgeable in this area in there to help you in person. You sound like you need a day of training on printing and JV3 operation/maintenance.
You should take a picture or scan of exactly the problem you are having. You may clear up your problem by simply performing the Maintenance Print Adjustment. It could be the deeper level (#) calibrations or you may need to replace your print head.

GB2

Old Member
Soak the heads for a couple of hours, then clean cycle, test print. If it isn't good then do it again.

Mr Avanti

Thanks guys for the feed back.

I have carried out the following cleaning processes :
1) custody wash
2) head adjustment
i am now going to soak the heads for a couple of hours as i have only being soaking them for 10 minutes.

Will let you know.

Appreciate your help !

Lance

Soak the heads for a couple of hours, then clean cycle, test print. If it isn't good then do it again.
BB2, you were of course refering to the printer, and not OP were'nt you ?:wine-smi:

Aussies all over the place down here. Oi, Oi, Oi.............:thumb::Australia

clgray64

I had this problem it was a static issue, someone told me to take dryer sheets and tape them to the back part of the machine where the vinyl rolls over it. I did not do this my issue went away when summer hit and I no longer had the furnace running.

Mr Avanti

Hey Guys,

Has anyone purchased head cleaning solution that breaks down ink for blocked nozzles?I've seen a few ads on the web claiming great results. Has anyone experienced or can anyone recommend a product? This could be my last option before head replacement as an over night head soak failed to deliver improved results.

BoF

Coming late into the conversation ,

Head height should be set to low.

I may be wrong but I dont think ES3 ink is an option for a JV3, why arent you running an SS2 ink?

After initial start up, before the FILL was the printer set to use mild solvent (theres no ES option) or SS2? - that might have some baring on your issue.

In addtion you could check and change these settings
With the printer in local mode press the function key (enter), then setup (enter) type 1 (enter) scroll through to print mode (enter)and check and alter if needed that quality is set to fine and direction is set to Uni-D.

If you are using SS2 cleaner with ES ink you get nowwhere with the nozzle wash you need to use an ES compatable cleaner with the ink or SS2 cleaner with SS2 ink.

Hello !
Thanks for the prompt response.

Unfortunately i am foreign to some of these terms.I know i use OEM inks (es3 mimaki).The machine is about 2.5 yrs but was stored for a year after 12month of use.It was decommission by a tech and then stored.Its been up and runnning for 2 months with me ,has done about 25 sqr meters of print.

If you can tell me where on the machine i can get the following information below ,i can come back to you ?

Printhead height?
Uni or Bi-Directional?
Resolution and speed?

Appreciate your help,

Cheers,
Mr Avanti

Mr Avanti

Jv3 Inks

Hello Bof,

Thanks for the detailed feedback and apols for the late reply.ES3 Eco-Solvent inks are what our Mamaki authorised agent recommends for my JV3 130SL and it has been used with this machine since commissioned 2 years ago.

Just to keep you updated i have now replaced the black head on my JV3 130SL with a new head from Mamaki with a vast improvement with the over spray issue now disappeared.Print quality is better than ever although i have a grey scale color issue which i will open to the group to see if other JV3 owners have crossed it before.

Appreciate your time.

Cheers,

Mr Avanti