• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Paint on vinyl

slappy

what paint for airbrush or cans sticks best?

how do you prep?

paint then weed... i got that part:thumb: But how do you do it?

AUTO-FX

i have had success with krylon out of the can on vinyl - through an airbrush. just spray it into a cup and pour it into your airbrush cup. regular krylon, not the plastic adhesion stuff. it's pretty agressive paint. then clear over it with frog juice. it works nice. have done vehicle graphics that held up pretty damn long. even some hood graphics. i have had much success with house of colors urethane striping enamel thinned down and sprayed through an airbrush. it is really nice paint with great coverage. a little catalyst in there and it dries pretty quick, so under some conditions you may want to use a retarder.there again , clear with frog juice. watch you dont apply too much paint material -just enough to get the desired effect.

slappy

Gino,

4x12 banner, customer wants some flames on it, and i thought about cutting yellow vinyl and spraying some orange and red on it to get the gradient effect of flames

AUTO-FX

ya mean like this? krylon on oracal 651.

Attachments

• flames.jpg
    flames.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 73

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Use the Krylon for plastics and paint the vinyl first. Once its good and dry..... cut it and weed only when you are ready to put it down. Try not to use application tape. It sometimes lifts edges.

AUTO-FX

if you spray / wet the app tape good before you peel it off, it wont pull any paint off. good point , Gino.

Mosh

Butch Anton LOL. After I saw him in 1989 I thought I was going to light the world on fire!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you knew how that method got the name you'd be laughing your butt off. Don't ask, cause I can't repeat it on these threads.

Butch is back and doing pretty good again.