• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

painted septic truck..what digital vinyl would you use?

gnatt66

could i use a ultra calendared (3551/ij35) and cast lam? no rivets, basic curves.

i dont want to cut corners but seems like a "waste" for cast wrap vinyl.

this is not a new truck but just got painted and need it to last.

my thought was ij35c/8519 would work fine.

opinions?

printed areas on the doors and approx 3x7 feet along the tank (painted white)

Letterbox Mike

I'd go with cast on any truck transporting any liquid (well, I'd go with cast on just about any vehicle anyway), even a good high end calendered seems like asking for trouble. Especially on a repainted septic truck.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Not a waste...
Choosing 3551 cal. over 3951 cast will only save you about $20.
Use the cast film. You need to use cast laminate on both.

surf city

I always go with cast for vehicles and I would also wait at least 30 days before you do the job so the paint has time to cure.

gnatt66

thanks and thanks for the advice about waiting ...will go with cast and wait a few weeks for the tank part.

much appreciated!

Jillbeans

I don't print but I always use cast on vehicles, which has been suggested.
And do wait to vynull it up, you don't wanna have to re-do it.
And you don't wanna get yelled at if your lettering peels off their paint when they go to sell it or whatever.
Makes me think of a kid in my old neighborhood as a child.
His name was Freddie and his dad's name was Fred.
Fred drove one of these trucks.
If you asked Freddie what his dad did for a living, he'd say "My daddy drives a poop truck"
He was only about 2 years old.
Love....Jill

cast without exception! we had a client recently who wanted his box truck doing, a mix of prints and cut lettering. he said he would be painting it so i told him he needed to ait at least 30 days for the paint to out gas. so thats where were at now. do not put any graphics on a freshly painted surface!

I will chime in with another view from the cast material. I would suggest the Arlon DPF9000 or a vinyl like that. It has a solvent and heat resistant. Garbage trucks are often cleaned with a solvent wash. I would think the septic truck might be also. As for the heat resistance, look what they are carying.

petesign

sooo disappointed in the lack of distasteful replies... it's a septic truck guys, not one poo joke?!

like maybe make sure to use the two-ply quilted vinyl?

sigh...

anyway, yeah, use the cast.. something tells me that you dont want to have to do it again after it's been used a bunch of times.. though you might be able to give Mile Rowe a call and have him come out and do it for Dirty Jobs.