• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Plywood Yard Art

gnubler

I've thanked plenty of the members who helped me out and weren't asses about it. Here's one from a couple hours ago.

The Hobbyist

I don't know where people get the idea that this is no loner a forum for sign professionals. In the Signs 101 Posting Policy, Rule #5 states, "As a forum for sign professionals, we do engage in debate/discussion of issues unrelated to the business...."

That would seem to indicate that this is a forum for sign professionals.
Yeeeaaahhhh ... If it weren't for the glaring absence of the word ONLY, or EXCLUSIVELY, or SPECIFICALLY ... you know ... words like that, which indicate that the forum would ONLY, or EXCLUSIVELY, or SPECIFICALLY be for sign professionals.

The very name of the site SIGNS 101 implies that this is the basic, entry level community forum. you know, like when you go to college ... BUSINESS 101, COMPUTER SCIENCE 101, WELDING AND FABRICATION 101... like that!

Joe

Last edited:

The Hobbyist

You were crying about having your government money taken away for housing and loosing your job and having to deal with my crap. So, since I never gave you an ounce of help, take this for what it's worth...... find another line of work you might be capable of learning without such a hard curve to learn. Try getting a job at a tanning salon or an elevator operator.

Have you ever thanked any of the people you learned all these tons of tidbits from ?? Have you ever thanked anybody for anything or are you just a wannabee taker, like hobbytown and designs ?? Just another taker, admit it.
Some things never change.

Joe

rossmosh

This thread is a shit show.

Simply put, the rules were/are that you weren't supposed to be able to sign up for the site unless you were a professional in the industry. You could be an absolute beginner, but still, someone attempting to make money making signs. It wasn't designed for someone making a sign for fun or to help a friend/business/whatever. The point was to strengthen the industry and not hurt the industry.

The rules appear to have relaxed over time and are potentially no longer that since ownership changed a few years ago and the forum software has changed. But those were the rules of the site for a very long time.

Stacey K

I like making signs
This thread is a **** show.

Simply put, the rules were/are that you weren't supposed to be able to sign up for the site unless you were a professional in the industry. You could be an absolute beginner, but still, someone attempting to make money making signs. It wasn't designed for someone making a sign for fun or to help a friend/business/whatever. The point was to strengthen the industry and not hurt the industry.

The rules appear to have relaxed over time and are potentially no longer that since ownership changed a few years ago and the forum software has changed. But those were the rules of the site for a very long time.
I agree. You can be opening the box of your brand new signwarehouse plotter with the excitement of making your first sign, come on here, state your intentions of your new business and you will receive a TON of help and many welcomes from around the world - because your intensions are to make money in the sign industry.

People are more than willing to help a newbie. I've shared messages, emails and had phone conversations with people on this forum so nobody can come on here and tell me that newbies aren't welcome.

The difference between a newbie and a hobbyist is money.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Did I insult you? Did I say your mother was a warthog? Did I say anything about you at all? I don't think so. What I did address is what you want to produce. My opinion on that remains unchanged. Nonetheless, in the spirit of... bog knows what... I offer this suggestion. If you just have to make these things then you should use ACM instead of plywood. If it were me [and if it were, notify the media, heII has frozen over] I'd use a 6mm thickness. With this material there's no sanding, painting, screwing around with edges, just cut it and paint it or, if you're so inclined, paint it and cut it, whichever, the stuff will outlast the next ice age.. I purposely only referred to ACM and didn't describe it. That's up to you to find out what it is, how you work with it, and where you might get some.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
are you wacking off to this? tell the truth
Wacking off? I'm not sure what you mean, but I'm pretty sure I'm not.

ETA: I lost interest in this thread a week ago, not sure why your bumping this dumpster fire just to pick on me.

Last edited:

Scotchbrite

No comment
It always amazes me how upset people get when you point out that typing in all caps is the equivalent of screaming. This is true on all forums I've frequented.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
It always amazes me how upset people get when you point out that typing in all caps is the equivalent of screaming. This is true on all forums I've frequented.
These are standards that were set in place on chat boards in the 80s. We had to have some way of conveying the message of screaming.