• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Plywood Yard Art

spectrum maine

Facts are facts. The reason for the earlier reply is plain and simple. Its the rules of this place. You are neither a student in school or college and you are not a business. Thus, you are not a professional or trying to become one. Therefore, you are taking money off the table from someone who could make these for you, but YOU refuse to pay what they're worth in materials or knowledge-wise so you skirt around them with your own make believe reasons.

Had you registered as a business trying to learn more about the trade and such, you'd be more than welcomed into the fold. However, you didn't.

Being nasty to be spiteful would be one thing, but your misunderstanding facts is wrong and I explained it before writing, so again, it's on you. Did you even read the rules and policies for entering into s101 ??

Oh, and by the way, this is not a dying art. It's all over the place. Had you googled it, you'd find all the information you'd want about it all over the place. I've done many of these things over the years and you're right. I have some still being used, that I made back in the late 70's for a nativity scene. I have some of my own for my own home, but I gave up on wood 20 years ago.

There is a real reason in why I find breaking this rule mean, rude and wrong as you did....... about 2 years ago, a woman came on this board whose husband was a member here, but was stricken down with disease and unable to make a living or provide for his family. She wanted to sell his tools and supplies to other members here who could appreciate and use these tools and provide for someone else. At the time, the authorities in power, refused her to do this, although her husband had a membership here. Her posts and requests were yanked from the view of others and that was that. I personally felt, that was wrong, but those in power said that's just the way it is. We cannot break our own rules. Therefore, regardless of your story, you have no reason to be here, other than you are a wannabee. You'll find help here, but as said earlier, by rights,..... you shouldn't be here, but you keep on breaking the rules and do as you please and see fit in your world.

Oh...... and save the you hadda start somewhere routine for real people, not wannabees. :popcorn:
LOOKS LIKE GINO NEEDS A HOBBY OTHER THAN BITCHING ON THESE POSTS AND BERATING PEOPLE WHO HAVE SIMPLE QUESTIONS

Gino

Premium Subscriber
1651682125860.png

I don't think anyone in this place lately has the ability to be pointing fingers. Remember when doing so, three of those fingers are pointing back at you. Both sides in these fireworks are at fault. I did think this place to be for professionals when joining, but if it's changed, let's embrace everyone if they are worthy. No one will be the judge but something I heard a long time ago. Govern yourself accordingly.

unclebun

I don't know where people get the idea that this is no loner a forum for sign professionals. In the Signs 101 Posting Policy, Rule #5 states, "As a forum for sign professionals, we do engage in debate/discussion of issues unrelated to the business...."

That would seem to indicate that this is a forum for sign professionals.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
One would think, but we have some who wanna change the wording (or it's interpretation) to fit their needy needs.

The Hobbyist

I know that "professionals" are here, but it is rather arrogant to state that ONLY PROFESSIONALS are allowed to be here.

There is NOTHING in the forum's policy statement that you MUST be a licensed contractor or a licensed business owner in order to use this site. Yes, some professionals are here, just like you might sit next to a brain surgeon in a movie theater, but BOTH of you can enjoy the movie.

Mature professionals should WELCOME newcomers who want to learn, rather than throw mud at them from the other side of the sandbox, or accuse them of "taking food off of your table" by making a couple of wooden yard art items. If a woman wants to make a couple of pumpkins for her yard, she shouldn't be made to feel inferior just because she wants to do some home crafts to keep her sanity during this zombie apocalypse.

I like to help where I am able, and learn where I can. I don't care if someone owns Federal Signal Corporation, or if they just like to carve pumpkins at Halloween. I would NEVER go out of my way to make someone feel unwelcomed in a public forum, by telling them that they are unworthy of being here.

Joe

gnubler

This is what Gino's rant thread is all about? Oy vey...

Dude, you are a man child. Posting an image of dog sh!t on an internet forum? Why aren't you busy making signs?

The Hobbyist

This is what Gino's rant thread is all about? Oy vey...

Dude, you are a man child. Posting an image of dog sh!t on an internet forum? Why aren't you busy making signs?
Because the cute mom with two kids is taking all of his business away via her ruthless and maniacal reproduction of wooden yard art!

Joe

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You were crying about having your government money taken away for housing and loosing your job and having to deal with my crap. So, since I never gave you an ounce of help, take this for what it's worth...... find another line of work you might be capable of learning without such a hard curve to learn. Try getting a job at a tanning salon or an elevator operator.

Have you ever thanked any of the people you learned all these tons of tidbits from ?? Have you ever thanked anybody for anything or are you just a wannabee taker, like hobbytown and designs ?? Just another taker, admit it.