• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PNC-1000 SERVICE manual here

southernsignco

Buster Southern Signs
Need the PNC-1000 service manual bn1332@toast.net

I don't have one, sorry, just the 1000/1000A.

Hi Ian,
I still have a PNC 1000. I have some old 4B Signmakers I use all the time too.
I'm having a problem with the PNC 1000. It only cuts what is showing in the cut or dialog box, regardless of how long the legend is. It goes about 20 to 22" and stops. Then it goes back and borders it, leaving the far end open. I'm probably forgetting something. If anybody knows, I sure wish they would tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks,

Buster

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
Hi Southernsign co, sorry I didn;t realise you'd posted here...
the only quick fix I can think of, is the 'rotate X/rotate Y' option in the setup.
If your plotter is stopping after a cut of approx equal to the width, you may need to check or uncheck the rotate X/Y option to the opposite of what it is set on. Also make sure Mode=2 is set.

It's been too long since I turned ours on, but I think you hold a button down while switching it on, to get into setup mode.
If you read the previous heap of pages here, I think I've typed up about everything I can think of...

Also remember that the machine has a page length limit of about 5 ft, or 1520mm, regardless of what is in the software, so you'll need to tile or break up long plots into 4 to 5 ft segments... (We use a PNC1410 these days, not the two 1000As)

PM me if you'd like a manual. I'm not going to post me email address here for spambots to find!

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
singmaker (I hope you can spell! ;) ) and lmsd , as mentioned before, please send me a PM.
Also, sign your PM with your real name please.
I don't like replying to messages from people without a real name, when they're wanting something from me!

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
Hi, what's actually the matter?

Really the manuals are nice to have, but the modern printer driver from Roland renders most of the info in the manuals obsolete.
The service one is more about circuit diagrams - there's not much to service otherwise that doesn't fall under "cleanliness & common sense"...!

I'll send you the manual - but would like a bit more information here - so others can see the problem and the solutions... that's all. :)

jomaridel319

Hi, what's actually the matter?

Really the manuals are nice to have, but the modern printer driver from Roland renders most of the info in the manuals obsolete.
The service one is more about circuit diagrams - there's not much to service otherwise that doesn't fall under "cleanliness & common sense"...!

I'll send you the manual - but would like a bit more information here - so others can see the problem and the solutions... that's all. :)

Thanks for the reply. Actually my cutter model is pnc900 which is somehow identical to pnc1000.
My machine cuts very strange, he can cut in perfect circle but when cutting with a straight line like a square cut, it doesnt cut correctly, it will only cut in horizontal but not in vertical line. Maybe this machine needs to be factory resets? Maybe from the manual there is an instruction how to reset?

Thanks you.

EG50

Roland PNC 1000

HI,
for what it's worth, I've been able to get the service manual for the PNC 1000. It's not the workshop/user manual- I already have that and have given it to 100s of people who've emailed and asked for it- but this is the service/repair manual, with circuit diagrams, miscellaneous tests etc.

If anyone feels they need one, feel free to email me and ask for it, and I'll send it to you.

Hi Ian
Do you still have the wiring circuit / service Manual for the Roland PNC 1000.
I still use one as a spare but I think one of the circuit boards has failed.
Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

EG

EG50

Roland PNC 1000 plotter

Hi Ian
Do you still have the wiring circuit / service Manual for the Roland PNC 1000.
I still use one as a spare but I think one of the circuit boards has failed.
Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

EG

Hi Ian

if you still have the PDF file for the above service manual including the Wiring circuit
my email address is egdisplays@hotmail.com

kind regards
EG

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
(sent... but whatever your name is - do you have a real name?
I just expect people to use one when they ask me for something, that's all...)

ztjm35

If this is directly to me I'm sorry. My name is Tom and I definitely appreciate the assistance you gave me on manual request. Thank you again