• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

polymetal outgassing?

wes70

Having a problem with "pickle skin" bubbles appearing 15 minutes after applying 751. As soon as the masking is taken of the Polymetal I apply the vinyl. I have recently switched to Polymetal from Alupanel. I have never run into this problem with Alupanel. I have heard of lexan outgassing (never happened too me), but Polymetal?

Billct2

Never heard of that, supposed to be a baked enamel finish so I wouldn't think there would be any outgassing, especially by the time it gets to the consumer. They do mask it though, so I guess it's possible if the paint wasn't cured fully or improperly mixed/applied.

Pro Image

I use about 5 sheet a week and never had any problems with out gassing........I also remove the protective right before I use it.....The brand I use is SignBond.....if that makes a difference.......

Techman

no.
outgassing is a myth. It is a term used to make a some feel good after they made errors while applying vinyl.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I’m sure your callipygian outgassing is taking place long after the drying period of the actual surface has had time to properly cure and causing coruscant effects in your media. Unparagoned episodes with other substances will only cause an excogitated desire on your part and your equanimity will soar into next week, while your perfidiousness is completely osculated into the complete scenario. I would sooner think this is not really happening, but a winebibber episode which will go away tomorrow.

Yeah, tech has it right.

J Hill Designs

I’m sure your callipygian outgassing is taking place long after the drying period of the actual surface has had time to properly cure and causing coruscant effects in your media. Unparagoned episodes with other substances will only cause an excogitated desire on your part and your equanimity will soar into next week, while your perfidiousness is completely osculated into the complete scenario. I would sooner think this is not really happening, but a winebibber episode which will go away tomorrow.

Yeah, tech has it right.

did bob hack into Gino's account or something?

wes70

Yeah, not sure what's going on? I notice on some sheets the protective layer comes of in little pieces and others comes off in whole. Oh well, no biggy, the bubbles are slowly vanishing as I type. I'm going to try some Avery and 3m vinyl too see if it has anything to do with the vinyl.

Tech, I hear what your saying as I'm sure it applies to a lot of newbies... I was even second guessing myself, but after applying every type of vinyl to every type of substrate for over 15 years, I thought it couldn't be me.lol

Techman

kind sirs and maddams.

Outgassing is muchly overserved to the ones who do no outgassing. I kindly request you send me the sums of millions and thousands to give you the outgoing answer of which there is not answer.

The death the the Master oil filed owner has left much fluids of outgassing beans and franks to whit.