• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Potential or Trainwreck?

Circleville Signs

Love the idea of the pine tree being the leg of the "P".

Hate Old Glory as the main font. (And I love Old Glory - but as an accent, not as the main font).

HaroldDesign

Thanks guys. I suppose a different font would fine, but I think this works well. I've found it also is pretty easy to encase this in various shapes. However, I want the shirt prints to be loose letters so I'm trying to keep it simple and able to stand on it's own.

Attachments

• PinePoint_A2.jpg
    PinePoint_A2.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 117

HaroldDesign

Old Old Thread...

Quite an old thread, but I wanted to show what I like to think is progress. Thoughts? :help

Attachments

• PPD_Logo_3H.jpg
    PPD_Logo_3H.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 97

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
tiki's version looks too much like "fine point" to me though.... saw that like 3x looking at it.

I kind of like the different slant - adds a warm feeling to the image - but would be enhanced by bending the "t" inwards a little bit. would frame it out

HaroldDesign

I'm a long way off from "bringing it all together", but here is what I'm doing with it. I have other designs (all wildlife types) that I don't have on the site yet. It's been live maybe a week, and I'm still developing what standards I want to use before going further with things...
http://www.pinepointdesign.com

Attachments

• PPD_Logo.jpg
    PPD_Logo.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 128

HaroldDesign

"Pine" has a pine in it. "Point" with a pine in it would certainly make sense also, but it seemed redundant to me. You do raise a good point, though!

qmr55

Drop the bottom of the first p down and then make the bottom of the "t" in point loop down further and center design between there. Looks out of place how it is. but getting there!

HaroldDesign

I've incorporated some suggestions, and I think it has become more interesting...

Attachments

• PPD_Logo_F3.jpg
    PPD_Logo_F3.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 114

ForgeInc

I don't like both P's being the same at all. Also, I think the font you chose for "design" is way too mechanical and stiff looking to marry up well with the letters above. Try something more simple, perhaps extended? Would also suggest making your line embellishments tie in more with the flourishes of the letters. Your lines are stiff, straight, and geometric, everything else is loose.

Getting better though, way to stick with it!