• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print and cut machine. which one?

Valentino

and you haven't even talked to OldPaint, lol.

I chose to go the route of print, then cut on separate machines. I got a ValueJet and Graphtec Cutter. it's a really nice system and the print quality is AMAZING.

JoySigns

One advantage of the Ege is that you can leave it for months and when you go to print it is ready to go. No worry about clogged nozzles, etc. It's not the best option for fine 4 color printing but great on spot colors.

Kevin T

I don't know I think you're being kind of rude right now. Why not try "thank you" for those who tried to help you?

Good luck with your purchase. For the record you DID receive excellent advice and information. However you seem to be overlooking that fact and bent on pointing out small negatives rather than absorbing the positives. It seems like you had a predetermined answer in mind so why bothering asking a question for which you really didn't need an answer?

I'll say one thing, good luck if you have troubles with the Roland because I'm guessing you just burned a couple of bridges. Info may be hard to come by should you need it.

Last edited:

Fun Signs

I just came back from my local Sign supply shop where I buy all my supllies from and he told me I would be better off with the VersaCamm due to the fact I can do ALOT more with the machine then the EdgeFX. I am getting a laminator also to go with it. He said the Edge FX is a great machine, But if I decided to do banners I would be stuck. He said spend the money once in which I agree. The new VP model is alot faster (print wise) so I am gonna get that model. He also told me that the print heads WILL NOT dry up as long as it is pluged in all the time in which mine will be.

Thank you to all that helped, Much appreciated.
I did THANK them if you read the post earlier.

Samm

A-haa...banners are now a possibility, small size is not a need, and money is not such an issue either- this is all a bit different from post #1 in this thread...

OK, it's been an interesting thread, but you can't help wondering why some people get a bit cranky when the answer chosen does not equal to the question asked.

Best wishes with your selection!

Agreed!

Samm

1. You're taking stuff too seriously.

2. You provide oddball information that makes it hard for anyone to help you, and get upset when we ask for more info? How's that work?

Fun... you'd like advice, but you failed to give us a good understanding of what you were even asking. Stuff kept changing, and you bounced around like you had multiple personalities. Makes it tough.

If you want to learn, stick around. I'm not expert on here, I'm actually usually on the kicking stone like you assume you are right now. But there's some good advice here, and some knowledgeable people. It'd be a wise choice to just hang around and see what there is to learn.

Oh yeah, and thick skin helps. :wink:

Looks like someone read the forum and realised how harsh some responses can be, so went with the "hey I'm just doing it for my family/as a hobby" bit when he Really meant, "Yes, of course I intend to go the whole hog, but you guys are nasty and wont reply if I tell you the truth!"

Yup, now I'm being hard but FFS - grow some balls man!!!!!!

Bill Modzel

A solvent inkjet is wonderful for banners and large decals but for the smaller contour cut stuff you just can't beat an Edge. The variety of substrates that you can print on is almost unlimited. Chrome and Deluxe Gold, metallics, static, lexan and the list goes on. I personally have printed off at least 300 yards of Flood Coat White on .005 lexan and clear decal stock this year alone.
I have a HP90000s also but it will never replace my Edge.

Illuminated

The biggest cheapest bang for the buck would be to screenprint them, High QTY and not a whole lot of investment, The draw back is your limited to # of colors in your art work. You can do some nice stuff with a 1 color print and a halftone can create some depth. I would look into that route for now then if your serious and your going to stick with it get the roland 300.

Last edited:

TheSnowman

Not for nothing, But this is by far the worst forum I have ever been on. Very FEW nice people left in this world now.

If it's the worst forum, take a hike. No one is making you stay here. You've gotta learn to take a beatin' if you aren't gonna stick to your story. You still got lots of info, but just chose the one that you wanted to hear.