• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Print Head Recovery

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
I have a Roland VP-300 that needs head replacement or head recovery anyone have a good method to do this myself? I see that printhead911 sells a kit for recovery any help on a direction would be appreciated.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
Paul, you could send the head to someone TRUSTWORTHY who has a print doctor

other than that...

Joe House

In my (limited) experience, DX4 heads are too fragile to be successfully reclaimed. Is the print head old? Or did it sit too long without use/maintenance? An old (high shot count) print head will not likely be recoverable by any means. If there is ink that's dried inside the head, it can theoretically be dissolved with solvent and time. I have reclaimed one head by simply soaking it in a bath of cleaning fluid and using a syringe to pull solvent backwards through the head and out the manifold. It didn't print well, but it certainly could be called some degree of recovery. I did it more for the challenge rather than to use it afterwards. If you've got the time to spare, it could at least be a fun, educational experiment.
I have sent back a couple of print heads to a vendor to have them ultrasonically cleaned, but both times the results were negative.

Good Luck

netsol

Premium Subscriber
netsol,
Sounds like you had a bad experience. Care to elaborate?

just the experience of purchasing some recovered heads. no good seems to come of it

i think by the time we think the head needs recovery, that ship has already sailed, it's probably too late

hand851

Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com
Please replace the head. I have a head doc and have NOT been able to reclaim or refurbish DX4 heads.