• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printing program suggestions

ssignshop

Looking for some suggestions on the best software to print from.
We have used flexi / Rip and Print for several years now and I do like working in flexi however we have always struggled when it comes to the color. Blends rarely come out well and certain colors ( grey, red ) don't come out the greatest either.
We been told all along to not print out of flexi for these issues so I'm curious to know what other programs have more of a consistent output.

Colin

It might depend on your printer, but I use CorelDraw with the addition of the Roland Color Palette System and it works awesome.

ssignshop

Thanks, I've heard Versaworks is commonly used and the roland color palette system. We have to upgrade at some point. Deciding what to put your money on in this economy is tough but we are actually busy right now. I hope it lasts for a while.

Tim Aucoin

I also agree with Pat on Versaworks. Recently installed the HP L25500 and am running Onyx 10.0. I'm also using Onyx to run the Roland now instead of Versaworks.

Colin

I also agree with Pat on Versaworks. Recently installed the HP L25500 and am running Onyx 10.0. I'm also using Onyx to run the Roland now instead of Versaworks.

Cool. But in what way(s) is VersaWorks lacking or inferior?

lodzam

Hie people...

Where can i get photo print or any rip software that drive a mutoh valuejet 1304 and a mutoh kona 1400 for free

iSign

unless it's a free program, you probably can't "get it' free.. and if it is a free program, i guess you could get it anywhere... so i guess it ain't, & you can't...

thewood

Looking for some suggestions on the best software to print from.
We have used flexi / Rip and Print for several years now and I do like working in flexi however we have always struggled when it comes to the color. Blends rarely come out well and certain colors ( grey, red ) don't come out the greatest either.
We been told all along to not print out of flexi for these issues so I'm curious to know what other programs have more of a consistent output.

Since you're already comfortable with Flexi, perhaps your money would be better spent on creating custom profiles and/or learning how to achieve proper output via Flexi.

I've been printing from Flexi for 10 years, and we get excellent, consistent results.

LittleSnakey

I also like Flexi for printing. Try downloading arlons dpf4560gtx profile and using that. As for versaworks I only use it on real big high res raster images that for some reason Flexi either gives a rip error or it will rip then only print the cut registration marks.

The other reason I don't use versa much anymore is cause we cut with a summa so I have to add the marks manually with versa.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
No idea what this has to do with a thread mostly about Flexisign that has pretty much been a dead and gone thread since February... :cool:

If you were to download Shiraz and have any questions, create and new post with them and I'll be happy to help.

Stafford

WildWestDesigns

It might depend on your printer, but I use CorelDraw with the addition of the Roland Color Palette System and it works awesome.

Almost the same thing. I use CorelDraw but I use the Colorsure Palette as that goes with the dye sub inks that I use. I would imagine using Corel with the palette that works the best with the ink set you have would be a good solution. It is in my case anyway. Colors are spot on.