• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Prismjet Extra 38/Falcon Outdoor Jr. - Puddle of Ink

thmooch

I was half way through a 3'x8' banner when Ink started appearing on the left edge of the banner, then the colors started to get weird/faded. I then stopped the machine and cleaned the ink up. Could this be a busted line or pump issue. I just want to get some thoughts before I start taking it apart.

Attachments

• DSC00269.jpg
    DSC00269.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC00270.jpg
    DSC00270.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 79

randya

Looks more like a bunch of threads hanging off the head...

Normally I would expect to see these kind of drips on both sides of the machine, where the head changes direction.

Threads on the head will collect ink and drip when the head changes direction.
If you are printing in UNI directional mode, that could help explain why it is just on the left.

Check the bottom of your head, use a white or blue LED flashlight to look, threads should be very evident it that is the problem.

thmooch

Well, there were some threads. I cleaned those from the head and the wiper. Swapped the banner material for vinyl to see what happens. Colors are off to say the least. These images are the start of the original banner(colors are correct) and then vinyl. Looks like I may have lost Magenta. The printer did not mention to me about being out of Magenta.

Attachments

• DSC00272.jpg
    DSC00272.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC00273.jpg
    DSC00273.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 79

Compilla

I was half way through a 3'x8' banner when Ink started appearing on the left edge of the banner, then the colors started to get weird/faded. I then stopped the machine and cleaned the ink up. Could this be a busted line or pump issue. I just want to get some thoughts before I start taking it apart.

That the left side of the banner material curling up and your head it is striking the media

Compilla

Try running 2 cleanings back to back , then do a nozzle check and see if you got all your color back

thmooch

I removed the cartridge and there is some sloshing, but it is pretty light. I weighed it, 7.55 oz *220 cartridges.

randya

Sounds like it is empty.

Lift the cover and use a flashlight to check ink in the lines.

If there is ink in the lines, put in a fresh cart and give it a couple more strong cleans.

gbarker

Isn't 7.22 oz good for these cartridges. I think empty is 5.6oz. I had a similar problem happen to me and it turned out the damper was leaking. Pop the head cover off and check the magenta damper, it should be about half full.

thmooch

OK, fresh Magenta Cartridge but no ink printing. Ran 2 Strong cleanings. not sure where to look for the ink in the lines. I pulled the carriage over to the left and took a pic. Any ideas as far as my next move from here?

Attachments

• DSC00276.jpg
    DSC00276.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 78

gbarker

Are you comfortable with taking th cover off the carriage? If so that would tell you a lot. You will be able to see the dampers where you can check if there is any in in them. When you say no ink printing do you just mean magenta or you are not getting any colors at all?

thmooch

I meant no Magenta printing. It looks like there is no ink in the Magenta Damper.

Attachments

• DSC00291.jpg
    DSC00291.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 72