• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem Importing EPS into X3

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
i'm trying to import an eps file into corel x3...i know it's not a bitmap, but that's the only way i can get it to import...i'm not very familiar with x3....is there some options somewhere that i don't have selected which is causing this problem?? any help would be greatly appreciated...

jiarby

how do you KNOW it's not a bitmap. Dumb customers make art in photoshop and then save it as an EPS all the time.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
One of the main uses we get out of our Adobe Illustrator application is in opening almost anything that comes our way with an EPS extension. Once open we are able to determine its suitability for production and other criteria. Several applications we have used are not capable of opening their own EPS exports ... including FlexiSign and CorelDRAW X3. If the file is a CS3 file then I don't think Corel X3 will open it.

With Corel try manually selecting the import filter from the drop down list. I get the best results with the filter named AI - Adobe Illustrator. You can also try the PS, EPS, PRN-PostScript filter as previously mentioned. If that doesn't work, find someone with a copy of Illustrator and have them save it back to a version 8 for you. Then Corel X3 will open it without difficulty.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
IMPORT as "PS, EPS, PRN-PostScript"

tried that too....i've tried dragging and dropping, manually grabbing the file off my desktop with the file/import option....as well as selecting to import as text/curves/, and as a encapsulated PostScript.....no luck yet

edit: just tried importing as an AI, and that didn't work either...thanks for the help though

rcook99

I had a similar problem the other day with a corporate client and was unable to import an EPS file into X3. I talked with the artist and found out it was saved as an EPS from CS3. I had him save it back to an older version and it worked fine.

Goatboy

Adobe's compression has been killing corel and every other software since the release of CS3. Oddly enough it even makes working with Adobe files tough to work with in other adobe products. I would guess this is a Indesign file thats been put out as an EPS. Ask them for a PDF version 4 optimized with no compression.

Jim Doggett

Try importing using the PDF filter. I've had better luck with it than AI.

Also, have you been able to open the EPS in other programs? I'll usually try to raterize them in Photoshop if Corel is giving me grief. If neither opens it, the problem is seemingly the file.