• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Quadruple Bypass

ddubia

Always glad to hear good news. I had that procedure myself. Came out fine. Hopes and prayers for the same for your husband.

S

scarface

Wow, It's good to know he's alive. If you don't mind me asking, what did the Doctor say was the cause of his problems? Eating bad?

joeshaul

It's a long road back from that recovery. My dad's alive and kickin after 14 years from having his quadruple bypass. He gave up smoking 3 packs a day cold turkey right afterwards and started exercising daily once he got the ok from his doctor (around five miles a day, probably could only do about one before his heart attack sadly enough! he had to start slow and steady, but within a year's time he was runnin them miles like nothing).

The main thing is making sure he takes things in moderation. Unsure what possible complications your husband may have, but my father's memory sometimes gets a bit fuzzy and he gets somewhat absent minded, seems to vary day by day, some days he's on top of his game, some days he can't remember who sings. Believe it was attributed to him being on the iron lung for the operation.

Some folks just need a wakeup call, unsure of your husband's previous health conditions, if he wasn't the most healthiest, hopefully he changes for the better. If he was in good health, the doctors sound good enough to get him on the right track medwise for a long healthy life! Unfortunately my dad had to bury two of his younger sisters a few years back. One had heart issues and emphysema but smoked to her death, the youngest one was really healthy, but just had a coronary one day while out walking. A sad state of affairs, but at least one of them was given the chance to improve their quality of life and decided not to.

Anyways, best wishes on the road to recovery and hopefully to a better new life :)

Bigdawg

Just Me
Sooooooo...............

How's he feeling ??

Like he was run over by a mac truck... but his color is terrific, his heart rate and rhythm are better than they have been in years. He told me from the beginning he was only doing this for me and to be there for the grandkids... so when I saw him this morning the first thing he said to me was "I hate you." :smile: that's my Bigdawg... I knew then it was going to be okay.

Wow, It's good to know he's alive. If you don't mind me asking, what did the Doctor say was the cause of his problems? Eating bad?

Don't mind at all.

His family has extremely aggressive heart disease. Extremely aggressive. And he smoked for many years (had cut down to just a couple cigs a day since last year, but quit all the way in March) Believe it or not, his cholesterol and sugars are good. He's not diabetic (many heart patients actually are) It's all the heart with him.

He is one tough guy... this made 11 heart attacks. The open heart surgery nurse shook his hand and told him in 30 years she had never met anyone that had survived that many heart attacks.

He's doing well... up in a chair and they walked him a few steps (he threatened the nurses' life if she made him walk any more, so I know my hubby is going to get better). Very, very weak and hurting like hell. But I sit here with him and instead of watching him get worse and worse like I usually do when he's in here... I'm watching him get better. And it makes me smile ear to ear.

Life is good.

:smile:

Bigdawg

Just Me
Well - he's still in the hospital. Heart is doing really good, but there's complications because of other health issues (of course - nothing is easy!). Hoping for tomorrow - he's been in here 14 days and has spent more of the last month in the hospital than out.

He's ready to go home. I'm ready for him to go home. Now if his body just cooperates...

WOODBS

wow, 11 heart attacks!!! dude is tough. our prayers are with you and him, holler if you need help on any installs..