• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Quote of the day

showcase 66

"Always know where the remote is. All it takes is one sad animal commercial to kill the mood"

Just had a client in here and the TV was on. He turned to look at it and one of those commercials came on and that is what he said.

Thought I would share that.

Marlene

"Always know where the remote is. All it takes is one sad animal commercial to kill the mood"

Just had a client in here and the TV was on. He turned to look at it and one of those commercials came on and that is what he said.

Thought I would share that.

what a pinhead thing to say. I bet those "skinny" kid commericals ticks him off too.

J

john1

That commercial is a tear jerker, I love animals and that's probably why.

GypsyGraphics

i'd think watching anything on tv during business hours wouldn't come across well to customers.

i have a 42" flat panel on the wall that mirrors my monitor, i didn't even know it was hooked up to the tv cable, until a few days later when my husband turned it on while i was working. i knew right away i wasn't gonna like it. within a few minutes i got a call and he couldn't mute the tv in time... the tv cable was disconnected that night.

Last edited:

showcase 66

i'd think watching anything on tv during business hours wouldn't come across well to customers.

I had Art & Copy on Netflix going and it had just finished. Turned Netflix off and what ever was on tv came up. Usually I wouldn't have had the TV on or would have paused it, but this is a long time client who I had sitting watching Helvetica one day. He will also come in and turn the TV on while waiting for me to finish something.

SignManiac

I too have a similar policy in the shop. I do not allow my employees or clients to shoot pool or drink beer during business hours. It does not look professional if a new customer should drop by unannounced. Partying is only allowed after 5:30 and then there are no rules!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I too have a similar policy in the shop. I do not allow my employees or clients to shoot pool or drink beer during business hours. It does not look professional if a new customer should drop by unannounced. Partying is only allowed after 5:30 and then there are no rules!

Well, you're no fun................. :covereyes:

showcase 66

Usually the TV is not on unless I am working on things late usually with some kind of game being played. (football, baseball, basketball, etc..) But I will from time to time put on Art & Copy to listen to the designers for some inspiration.