• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Race Car Design Challenge

grafxxx

rx8 falken drift

falken drift car.jpg

SignManiac

So Joe, I hope you plan to submit one of your own? We've come to expect great stuff from you, so dazzle us with your design :)

SignManiac

Bob that is hilarious!

LOL Jill... You know how some times you just get into one of those creative mind sets??? I already know I'm going to hell so I might as well drive there in style :)

Ok this S#$%T is addictive. Hard to stop. I found a few more tricks to tweak it with. Subtle things but cool stuff.

Attachments

• race car.jpg
    race car.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:

K Chez

My little race car...
DSC00562.JPG

I've got another one being built that resembles an asphalt modified

If I could afford a full size operation...

7Lmod_frt.jpg

Graphics2u

This is one I did a few weeks ago. Really don't try to go after this market. That's assuming there is a "market" for it, because that would imply you would be making money on it! :smile:

Attachments

• Wrap4.jpg
    Wrap4.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 266

Flubber

Threw this together

I had to do it but will spend more time on it later.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 237

PhatWall

Here is an awesome designed in photoshop

Attachments

• DRIVERS SIDE small.jpg
    DRIVERS SIDE small.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 270
  • PICT0032.jpg
    PICT0032.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 227
  • PICT0033.jpg
    PICT0033.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 255
  • PICT0026.jpg
    PICT0026.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 246
  • PICT0035.jpg
    PICT0035.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 240

RobbyMac

Ok I got to learn a few new tricks on this task using CorelDraw X5. All vector work from the ground up. I can see how you can really go deep with the details on a project like this. It was a fun learning exercise.
Sorry to bump an old thread, but...

I use corel ALOT. Attached is a small image of a timeline I created. It only covers up to 2006 as I havent had a chance to update it recently. But these are all 'templates' I created (Some are actual designs though)
The idea was to track how each car got better in appearance and detail. Partly due to skill, newer software, and sexier chassis developments over the years.

Also, I have a tutorial on how I use layering to develop my car illustrations. Its rough, but you get the idea. it's at http://www.deviantart.com/download/30146843/vector_tutorial.jpg
This was all back when i was self employed/freelancing design. Though I still do similar work, and use these for sponsor renderings or illustrations with many of our clients.

Attachments

• Rpm_timeline.jpg
    Rpm_timeline.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 248

saktrnch

Here's one I did.

Attachments

• Fire-Dept-night071.jpg
    Fire-Dept-night071.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 235
  • red-car-3.jpg
    red-car-3.jpg