• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Radioactive Squirrels, Axis & Allies and Chicken Fried Steak

IronHawk

Hello to all! Bonjour, Buenos Dias and Shalom...

A co-worker introduced me to this forum and I'm grateful to have been shown the way. I had experience on web presses back in the day and had always hoped to get back into printing. Audio-visual became my occupation and introduction to the trade show industry. Awesome stuff to get to mess around with! Ended up on the dark-side of the industry when I went from A/V to exhibits until an opportunity was presented to learn to run some large-format solvent printers. Currently running a Seiko H2-74s and two Seiko H2-104s solvent printers with ONYX x10 as the RIP software.

Glad to be here and thank you guys for the welcome!

~ IH :thumb:

IronHawk

Welcome form the Kingdom of Texas!
Axis and Allies refers to the board game?

Absolutely! The original version. Haven't done any of the spinoff versions, though there are plenty. Originally played when I was fourteen for a year or so but never really understood the strategy. Fast forward to last year (decades) and I run across it on gamesbyemail.com. Found a few guys that were willing to take the time to share some of their knowledge and it's an addiction now... You can find me there nightly...

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Welcome from down the street somewhere.

Stop in sometime!

FireSprint Printing
4145 S 87th Street
Omaha, NE 68127

rjssigns

:Welcome:

How do you like the Seiko's? Heard they do perfect grayscale and are super fast. Will expect a detailed report on my desk by end of day. To inlcude KPI's and relatable performance metrics. LOL

IronHawk

:Welcome:

How do you like the Seiko's? Heard they do perfect grayscale and are super fast. Will expect a detailed report on my desk by end of day. To inlcude KPI's and relatable performance metrics. LOL

:omg:

Love the Seikos. I have yet to get a perfect greyscale but I don't know all the bells and whistles as I have had to basically train myself using the maual and searching online. After downloading a couple of decent profiles from ONYX through their downloader client, I've been trying to get the profiling through Onyx figured out for months now and just this week got my first good profile. The concept isn't new to me as I've done dozens with a software cocktail when we had Wasatch but the ambivalence with which Onyx gives instruction on what you are looking for with ink levels has just about driven me batty. :frustrated:

Speed? Yes, they are fast. I run full 150' rolls of pole banners on 98" scrim at production speed in four hours. They also use ink more efficiently than the H-74s and H-104s and definitely more efficient than then Color Painter 64 and 104 that we used to have. The H2-74s is my workhorse. Well, compared to the 104's, perhaps it would be more accurate to describe it as my burro. Steady all day long... :thumb:

IronHawk

Howdie from North Georgia!!!!

:thankyou:

Love the North Georgia mountains. I'm originally from just south of Atlanta...

It's absolutely fantastic having four actual seasons here in the midwest (LOVE winter!) but I sure do miss Chick-Fil-A....