• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RapidTac Is Our Newest Merchant Member!

RJ California

Good videos, though I may have missed the one that you were referring to.

What is your best RapidTac suggestion for a large calandered vinyl graphic (not contour cut, not laminated) applied to a flat panel?
RapidTac 1 or 2?
Center hinge?
With or without application tape?

My guess is Rapidtac 1, center hinged, with application tape, then use RapidTac to soak off the app tape. Am I close?

Roger Bailey

Rod, I will assume you are doing this(one person) alone.

!- clean with Rapid Tac and a paper towel

2-measure and mark registration lines/points etc.

3-alighn graphic and center hinge(cut liner somewhere NEAR hinge(to the lt. or rt.).

4-now spray substrate and pull 1/2 (lt. or rt. side)of liner off film.

5-lay that 1/2 to wet substrate,squeegee (firmly) from center out and up an down.

6-repeat other 1/2.

7- after all is squeeged, spray trans tape, let sit 2 minutes, pull off at 45 degree angle downward.

Roger

RJ California

Hi Roger-
Usually 2 people on this size. Pretty much like I thought it would be, I just wanted to make sure that their wasn't a new technique or formula that I'd been missing.

Is the RT2 recommended mostly for windows, mylar and cold weather? RT1 mostly for flat panels and everyday use?

What are the main advantages to using RT as opposed to dry application?

I always keep a gallon of RT1 in stock, though we do most of our applications dry. Ready to use more if it makes sense though.

Thanks - I appreciate your answers.

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
HI Roger and Jeff,
I'll email you about that- we did correspond about it ages ago, and I haven't forgotten. I just have some pressing things to do here, and I'll get back in touch.
Thanks!

Roger Bailey

Forgot to mention one critical element Rod, please buy the "cheap paper towels from grocery store" they have no chemical content and therfore won't contaminate the substrate.

Roger:thumb:

Lonely Fisherman

Welcome to the site Roger & Jeff! I love using your products.

It seems like everyone has the same comment when I use RapidTac. "Geez, that stuff smells good!". I have to agree, it has a nice scent to it. (maybe it's a little bit addicting?)

Nice to have you here, welcome aboard!

Fish...

Ken

Hi Roger and Jeff.
You may recognize me from another forum. Still using RT, most recently RT2 here in Canada. I have an 8' x 8' print that I would not try to apply without your product. Thanks...Ken
BTW..when I apply large printed vinyl to substrate, I do not need to mask the whole panel. I ususally just center hinge, then apply a 2 inch strip of transfer tape to the edges that I need to peel up to prevent stretching at the edges. Works for me. Ken

436HENRY

Welcome from a merchant member. I use your product wet with a used roller that I put together they work great together. I like to work wet on magnetic material In fact I put a illustration on my web site showing how I do it my web is www.henrygoines.com check it out any coments will be appreciated pro or con thanks Henry Goines

Schultz Designs

Roger, I have to admit that I love your RT2, It has saved my @$$ on more than one windy occasion. I have a quick question and I hate to be a :thread but I have a 1996 Dodge half ton that has some white vinyl stripes on it that are cracking on the roof and tailgate. Would Rapid Remover remove that or would I be needing something like a Vinyl Zapper? Once again thanks for your products and welcome from Alberta

Roger Bailey

Kevin, hard to say, sounds like they were on "past the point" meaning they were sun damaged long ago.

Grimco sells a liquid remover for vinyl, that may help get the film off.

Roger

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
According to a customer of mine, he has found that excellent results can be had for really tough vinyl and adhesive removal using the cheapest, rotgut tequila he can get. I have not tested the method. :Big Laugh

Roger Bailey

Our pleasure Marc!
Glad they help you, unfortunatly many people who don't use our products feel they are too costly per use, likely these people don't realise the "time saving ability" nor the quality and confidence increase.

Feel free to share any thoughts for those that havn't used them.

Roger:thumb:

Flame

I got a question! I got a question!

Where in Oregon are you located? I visit Portland all the time, anywhere near there?

Roger Bailey

Our plant is located in southern part of the state, very near Grants Pass !
Feel free to stop in and chat with my son Jeff, or Kim the right hand office manager.

I'm in central Id. and only visit the facilities a few times a year,( hard to nail down at the plant).

Roger

Tommy K

Greetings all...
Welcome Roger and Jeff...I can't say that I used any of your products, but with all the positive feedback sure looks like I'm missing out on a lot...Will have to check further on your products...
Tommy K.