• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Real Estate Layouts

buttons

Most of them are busier than a cat trying to cover sh!t on a marble floor.
They put the "ugh" in ugly.
I know I'm being mean but man you should hire a professional.
I wouldn't show those to anyone.
Love.....Jill

I don't know why but this made me spit soda all over my desk. :ROFLMAO:

Bigdawg

Just Me
Thanks guys... and in reality - if Jason would learn from my post that would be great. Not just copy - but understanding why it works. So I don't mind to play show and tell with him.

But thanks for the kind words :smile:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The owner is a guy by the Name of Erik Elsea. Most of the Agents working there I have known for years. Its easy to lock up an office when you have been doing stuff for the same agents since you were in High school. I grew up working for Realtors I know more about Real Estate than most Realtors. Its the big industry here. We have tourism Real Estate and Healthcare. Not much else really. So you choose early which route your going to take.

Okay, back to our normal programming.........
If you say here the owner is Erik Elsea.... then how do the initials JJ come into play. Also, how does Jones fit in ?? Also, why on your other thread did you refer to the owner as a 'she'. She has the last say in layouts and color. You're starting to forget your own lies and can't remember them all anymore.... huh ??

Ya know, I said I would be nice to you, but you have to stop your confounded lying. Can't you ever tell the truth or is something big gonna happen if you do ?? :covereyes:

AUTO-FX

Does not anyone find it odd that Adholio is Jason Jones and the signs and cards he is making are (more or less) for Jones & Co. Realty?

Hello? 2+2 = what?

artsnletters

Which is why good design is even MORE important.

this is the crux of the issue. It is absolutely essential to have a good/great read in those first few seconds. Your designs are hardly memorable Addie. Nothing stands out in a good way. I still say you are on the right path by posting up examples but you still get really defensive regarding criticism. If i could make a suggestion, go read ALL of Dan Antonelli's Signcraft PDF articles he has archived. Dan has some of the best examples of what is being discussed in many of your threads. This education of sorts you are trying to assimilate ain't gonna happen overnight. The color wheel and how colors relate to one another is just as important as using fonts with varied line widths as one uses contrast to prioritize copy. All stuff one has to be concerned with even in a basic real estate card. The end users profession doesn't really matter....good design is good design is good design. Period. Learn to appreciate the leg up or perhaps this analogy is more apt: Take hold of the Life Preserver....don't push it away.
Tim

Locals Find!

The owner is Eric Elsea. There is a "JJ" Jones who is also an owner I believe. She is the person I deal with concerning the office.I don't understand how the business is setup nor do I really care. At the end of the day I just do the work for the Agents. The office is a 100% office kinda like a ReMax office. Everyone just pays desk and transaction fees. To hang their licenses under the broker. I don't own it my Father doesn't own it. I have no involvement with the company other than the relationship I have discussed here.

I sell stuff to the Independent Agents. I get a lot of business out of that office. I also sell to ReMax Agents, SellState Agents, and all sorts of other Agents. I worked a deal out with the office to get a preferred vendor status. No one is required to use me. However, I am over there a lot so it helps big time.

Locals Find!

This seems to be your motto for business in general based on your online pricing...

http://www.adtechia.com/packagedeals.cfm

I am almost afraid to ask if those prices include design

Nope. No Design of any Kind included Camera Ready Artwork only. To my template specs. I am actually in line with the competition in my area. I am comfortable with those prices. Helps too that the cost of living here isn't what it is up North.

prime signs

Very nice work Stacy. You have proved my point. This is good stuff. For the Markets you were targeting. I couldn't compete with what you did at all. Your on a whole other level. A much higher one.

Real Estate isn't anywhere near as complex. Real Estate Marketing is all about the 5 seconds till someone flips your postcard to the back of the pile of bills and junk mail and then into the trash. You have exactly that to capture their attention then try to hold onto it between the mailbox and the front door. After that they are gone. Its all about reintroducing yourself month after month for sometimes years. The whole while your right alongside 4000 other people trying to do the exact same thing. Its also about doing it as cheaply as possible.

Thats no excuse for poor layout. I think it is a shame you are limiting yourself from taking the oportunity to improve on your computer skills and apply them to the basics of good layout. Don't use the real estate market as a cruch for poor design.

Billct2

So you have a good client base with this place and have managed to keep it with your cheap prices and service. Why not really LEARN new skills, not defend poor ones. If you could add good design to what you're already doing then you will give them even more reason to use you. Really, once you have the basics down it takes no longer to do a decent design than a poor one.

Locals Find!

I have been studying. You wanna see some really shoddy work. I have tons of it. The stuff I posted is a vast improvement over my early days.

Here are some old pieces just to prove my point. Now please keep it clean I know these are garbage.

Attachments

• Frozen Italy Proof #2 one color front.jpg
    Frozen Italy Proof #2 one color front.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 101
  • Proof.jpg
    Proof.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 84
  • Tiki Island Arcade Text Logo B&W.jpg
    Tiki Island Arcade Text Logo B&W.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 102
  • Tiki Island Arcade Beach B&W.jpg
    Tiki Island Arcade Beach B&W.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 100

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The owner is Eric Elsea. There is a "JJ" Jones who is also an owner I believe. She is the person I deal with concerning the office.I don't understand how the business is setup nor do I really care. At the end of the day I just do the work for the Agents. The office is a 100% office kinda like a ReMax office. Everyone just pays desk and transaction fees. To hang their licenses under the broker. I don't own it my Father doesn't own it. I have no involvement with the company other than the relationship I have discussed here.

I sell stuff to the Independent Agents. I get a lot of business out of that office. I also sell to ReMax Agents, SellState Agents, and all sorts of other Agents. I worked a deal out with the office to get a preferred vendor status. No one is required to use me. However, I am over there a lot so it helps big time.

Ya know, Addie, I'll still be nice to ya, but I still don't believe you. Not in the least. Your excues might work in your world, but if I had a customer that muddied the waters as much as you do in one day like you do around here.... you'd be out on the sidewalk sitting on your can. Everytime you open your mouth.... another red flag pops up. I hafta go get a deposit check from a customer. I'll Bullchit with ya tomorrow.

Jillbeans

JW...we have given him constructive critique but he never learns from it.
He always has an excuse why he can't change this or that element.
This is yet another of his ME ME ME threads and I don't think I am speaking just for myself here.
We are all sick of his cockamamie sh!t stirring.
None of us is perfect.
Carry on.

ForgeInc

Maybe he is really young, and will grow out of this phase? One can only hope.

Addie...if I were you, I would seriously stop posting examples of your work. It's one thing to post it as an example of the stuff you are successfully selling at good prices to clients who are generally happy with it, but I dare say they'd be happy with ANYTHING given them at a similar pricepoint. But...you post examples of garbage layouts to "show off your skills" and wonder why you get bashed? Entirely a different animal.

Being a "pretentious newbie" it didn't take me long to learn I honestly think you really feed off stirring up the pot in the forums and seeing how many posts you can get people to write in a thread. I for one, will now be ignoring you and hope others will too.

You offer us nothing.

Gino

Premium Subscriber

Addie...if I were you, I would seriously stop posting examples of your work. It's one thing to post it as an example of the stuff you are successfully selling at good prices to clients who are generally happy with it, but I dare say they'd be happy with ANYTHING given them at a similar pricepoint. But...you post examples of garbage layouts to "show off your skills" and wonder why you get bashed? Entirely a different animal.

Being a "pretentious newbie" it didn't take me long to learn I honestly think you really feed off stirring up the pot in the forums and seeing how many posts you can get people to write in a thread. I for one, will now be ignoring you and hope others will too.

You offer us nothing.

Yeah, but he's cute. Just ask him. He'll tell ya so. :Oops:

Locals Find!

You offer us nothing.

Yeah, and your offering what exactly??

GoodPeopleFlags

I usually don't get involved in this type of thread but this is freakin' ridiculous. Addie, you're constantly double talking. You say you're designs are good but also say you know they're not and you want to get better, but you say your "designs" get the job done (still up for debate) so what does it matter. But yet you don't listen to anything anyone says to help you improve. You just keep defending your horrible work.

I think you were a realtor at your dad's company. You probably sucked at that so you're dad said you could do the signs and cards for the biz to keep you busy. He says you're good at it so you believe it. With all the double talk you do, maybe you should try selling cars.

Please just stop bothering everyone with this. If you want to get better, then stop typing and start reading. Then maybe everyone else will move on to more productive threads.

Everyone else, please stop playing his game. He LOVES the drama he's causing so please don't fall for it. Some of you must love it, too. I don't usuallly reply to this stuff but I couldn't help myself this time. I'm just sick of this crap clogging up this cool website.