• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Really, just a quick dumb question.......................................................

netsol

Interesting................................ I guess in controls somewhere, you could somehow re-direct things to work left-handedly, but right click, left click and all that other happy horsesh!t mumbo jumbo, just sounds like it could be confusing. I know a left handed person who is very dominant left handed, but is a really good piano player. He hasta switch for that. However, other than on the piano, he can't do jack with his right hand..... and no notareal, I did not say 'jack off'.
i use either hand. i am a computer consultant and have no preference

if you throw me something, i have to catch it with my left

HOWEVER

i wear my watch on my left arm. everyone says left handed people wear the watch on the other arm

Johnny Best

Paul McCartney is left handed and plays the bass left handed. I learned to bat lefthanded when I was 13.
I shoot a rifle and pistol lefthanded. But I am righthanded with most things.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
The FBI is trying to round up Trump. Gino trying to round up some dogs with spiky colars, and Notareal chasing his chicken. Just a typical evening.
Ahem, believe nubler is a squirrel, and I'm a cat. Tex can join the band as a Chihuahua in a spiked collar. Nottareal is our fly guy, getting jiggy with (dodging) the rooster. A rooster with a spiked collar. Geneva is on guitar... Waiting to see what animal she's going with. Stacy is our merch girl... Who also produced the merchandise.
ETA: Gino is our bouncer... But he bounces us off the stage after our first song.
Oh! And Johnny makes flyers for our shows.

Last edited:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Ahem, believe nubler is a squirrel
1660014101204.png

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I'm left-handed and mouse on the left. Just have to not use the mice with the extra thumb buttons on the left side active. Using my wife's right-handed mouse with the extra buttons I am always clicking them when moving the mouse. Learned to shoot right-handed in basic - on the rifle range they didn't have the brass deflectors for lefties and the shells would end up burning my right arm or bouncing down inside my collar.

highrolling24

Iam left handed
Ahem, believe nubler is a squirrel, and I'm a cat. Tex can join the band as a Chihuahua in a spiked collar. Nottareal is our fly guy, getting jiggy with (dodging) the rooster. A rooster with a spiked collar. Geneva is on guitar... Waiting to see what animal she's going with. Stacy is our merch girl... Who also produced the merchandise.
ETA: Gino is our bouncer... But he bounces us off the stage after our first song.
Oh! And Johnny makes flyers for our shows.
Dont quit your Day Job!!

Scotchbrite

No comment
I'm right handed and I started having issues with my wrist using the mouse right handed. I switch to the left hand until eventually my left wrist started bothering me. I never changed the buttons, just learned to click with different fingers. Now I use a Wacom tablet and I don't have any wrist issues. I can still use the mouse either way.

In the Navy we were trained to carry things in our left hand so you could salute with the right. 23 years later since I left the service and I still feel uncomfortable carrying with my right hand.

jochwat

Graphics Department
Years ago a friend sold me some guitar equipment at impossible-to-pass-up prices. One of those items was an American Fender Strat for $200, which included a little boutique amp with one knob on it. Problem was, he was a lefty, and so was the Strat. He mentioned restringing it backwards and flipping it around, which I've seen before and considered. Then I realized the nut that holds the strings in place at the top would have to be reversed, too, due to the string thicknesses now going in the other direction. And the whammy bar on top seemed ludicrous. So I did like any normal right-handed musician would do: sold the lefty for more than I paid and bought a new righty one. Inadvertently sold the amp, too, so yay for me and yay for that lefty-guitarist who needed a few bucks one day.

victor bogdanov

my first job I had was in desktop publishing where I would use the computer 10+ hrs per day, I ended up doing half the day right hand mouse, half the day left hand mouse. The right/left click can be flipped in windows so that you still use your pointing finger to do the "right click" on either hand

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I'm right handed and I can only peel vinyl with my left hand. I think it's more because the right hand has the heat gun and my brain knows better than to put a hot heat gun in my left hand LOL

Geneva - that is interesting about how you both use your right hands...
My mom hated to teach me to cook because I looked awkward. I'm a total klutz and I blame it on my lefthandedness.