• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

received a cold call from this guy...real crook

gabagoo

I was out picking up some supplies and my receptionist calls me (sister) and tells me some guy Jim called from some company and insisted on talking to me. She said she tried to screen the call but he made it sound so important to speak to him pertaining to a job he needed done.
Ok I get back and figure I will call the dink.

He gets on the line and just starts blathering about some promotional product and just kept talking. I tried to interupt him to the point that I was yelling for him to shut the %$%$ up and he just kept rambling. I figured he must put on some pre recorded drivle and for the life of me I cant figure out how he could possibly make a sale.
Finally I could get a word in and he was acting pretty cocky and smart mouthing me and I figured, this has to be someone I know pulling a fast one cause I cant think of anyone who would actually purchase anything from him.
He said so how many do you want? and I played dumb and said want what? what are you selling and he starts playfully insulting me and I would insult him back and finally I said ok I want 12 dozen, ship them.

He then threw a few more insults, nothing terrible but just strange and hung up on me.

I told my sister that I knew this guy was selling me something before I called him and could not understand how she could not figure this out. She said he was rude to her in a funny way.

OK I get off the phone with the guy and I google his phone number and sure as heck, he is known for this... here is what I find

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-888-710-8897

here is his web site http://www.rjconcepts.net/

How can a guy like this even exist? unbelievable....

I think I am going to send some faxes to his phone lines for revenge!!!:ROFLMAO:

SignManiac

I seldom get solicitation calls, my guys are all versed on how to get rid of them before they get to me. But.....every now and then I'll take one for fun. My guys all stand by listening to see what will come out of my mouth and it's always entertaining.

On rare occasions, I'll take the call and immediately ask the caller for a major credit card. When they ask what for, I explain that I do not spend my valuable time talking on the phone to anyone unless they are paying me my hourly rate of $100 per hour, and if they expect to get any of my time they will have to buy it. Most times, that's the end of it right there.

They're like those annoying little gnats that fly into your ear, just irritating pests.

Last edited:

showcase 66

On rare occasions, I'll take the call and immediately ask the caller for a major credit card. When they ask what for, I explain that I do not spend my valuable time talking on the phone to anyone unless they are paying my my hourly rate of $100 per hour, and if they expect to get any of my time they will have to buy it. Most times, that's the end of it right there.

They're like those annoying little gnats that fly into your ear, just irritating pests.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Thats a good one... I will have to remember that next time someone calls here.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I think I am going to send some faxes to his phone lines for revenge!!!

I say you should send them a nice fax.

Whip up something in your design program...like FIFTY pages of nothing but solid black...and send it after hours.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
A good old fashioned fax loop would do the trick!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/prendswash/5020294060/

Tape three pages together of whatever you want... mostly black. Start the fax and then tape the first page to the last page when it goes through.

Ever since I started scanning documents on the scanner, I pitched my fax machine and use the fax on the computer. No extra ink cartridges to buy, and no desk to clutter.

TheSellOut

I just had to comment on this thread so I can find it again in my statistics. I am definitely asking for credit cards from every telemarketer from now on, as well as, faxing the infinite loop of black paper back to those incredibly annoying telemarketing faxes!

Thanks guys

iSign

I just had to comment on this thread so I can find it again in my statistics. I am definitely asking for credit cards from every telemarketer from now on, as well as, faxing the infinite loop of black paper back to those incredibly annoying telemarketing faxes!

Thanks guys

yeah but... those of you liking the "good old fashioned fax loop" as weasel called it sound like you still use a good old fashioned fax machine...

so don't forget... 2 can play that game... and if you use your fax machine to mess with a larger, meaner company.. do you not think the revenge game can have consequences?

I mean, I'd bet anything that this loser if faxing digitally, as well as paying a staff to assist in his dirty tactics... if any of you are still paying for ink or foils to receive faxes, I sure don't think you want to use your own fax for sending him the good old fashioned fax loop.. he will probably just get a digital copy, costing him nothing... but he could turn the table on anyone with good old fashioned fax machine...