• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recommendations for good screen capture software?

Joe Diaz

Does anyone have a recommendation for good screen capture software to record video clips for tutorials?
:help

Bigdawg

Just Me
Joe... Rodi... please guys... let's do this over in NHB instead of on real posts asking for real answers even if one of you is the one asking????

Joe Diaz

You don't do innocent real well Joe lol

Who me:help
puppy.jpg

lol

iSign

Joe,
I tried Camtasia Studio & it is an excellent software, although a little too expensive for what I had in mind at the time, but I do have a good suggestion. It's one of the 2 choices they offer for a trial sampling of their product, so not really a clearcut abuse of privilege, but maybe a bit of a line call in that regard. You can download a 30 day trial, which gives you 30 days, but they also offer to ship out a disc for the 30 day trial. I had them ship the disc, because all too often I DL a trial, test it for an hour... and a month later when I'm really ready to get some extensive testing done... DENIED!

So, with the disc, I just loaded it again & started up my 30 day clock. This was a few years ago, and I haven't used it for anywhere near even 15 days... but if I ever had a real extensive project, I would buy it. You can hook up a microphone & talk about the tutorial while you capture the navigation of the project on your screen.

Joe Diaz

Am I the only one anticipating a Joe Diaz video tutorial?
That's the plan although not just me, my brother Ben wants to make some too. I did one a while back but I was using a trial version like Doug suggested. I wanted to compare with what I used before. My old computer went to craps, so I forgot what I installed though :p