• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Red on exactly the same colour red

Fatboy

I have this customer that gives me lots of business.Anyway yesterday they ask me to brand two new vehicles for them.The one vehicle is red.They want me to put their name in red directly onto the car....exactly they same red....I mean ......you cant even see the vinyl! So I took initiative:banghead: and put the word TOYOTA in white.They phoned me today and asked me to change it to red!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Soooo, what's your point ?? You didn't follow their instructions and you want help ?? :doh:

Patentagosse

I had a customer like that but finally suggested 'em to go matte on glossy for the subtil side of it. They agreed and everyone were happy. Sometimes we have to close our eyes and do the job as it's requested, even against logical. When it's small letters, you can offer 'em the domed option which will turn the letters 3D-like. If you don't do it, there's always places that could sub it for you...

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Try it in a clear film that would have a difference in the finish like a matte clear against the gloss paint. Or go with a faint halftone to create a ghost image. I saw a wall painting of some black text years ago that used gloss black for the letters and flat black for the shadow. The lack of contrast drew the eye in and then you'd focus on the gloss. It worked surprisingly well.

Fatboy

I had a customer like that but finally suggested 'em to go matte on glossy for the subtil side of it. They agreed and everyone were happy. Sometimes we have to close our eyes and do the job as it's requested, even against logical. When it's small letters, you can offer 'em the domed option which will turn the letters 3D-like. If you don't do it, there's always places that could sub it for you...

Good idea Thanks

Fatboy

Try it in a clear film that would have a difference in the finish like a matte clear against the gloss paint. Or go with a faint halftone to create a ghost image. I saw a wall painting of some black text years ago that used gloss black for the letters and flat black for the shadow. The lack of contrast drew the eye in and then you'd focus on the gloss. It worked surprisingly well.

Thank you Fred.Will try tomorrow and post some pics.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We've done a black car with reflective black graphics. During the day is looks awesome and at night, it's just a whore. :loveya:

Marlene

there's no cure for stupid so just put in your quote that customer responsible for color choice and was advised not to apply red to a red truck and then go for it. he will be back for white later and at least you tried to save him from doing something dumb

Fatboy

there's no cure for stupid so just put in your quote that customer responsible for color choice and was advised not to apply red to a red truck and then go for it. he will be back for white later and at least you tried to save him from doing something dumb

Thank you Marlene.