• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

REVISIONS TO: my Sign Planning Guide, from "TheSignExpert.Com"

iSign

PART TWO...

Many of you saw the earlier thread where I gave credit to the Sign Expert.com for his templates & proceeded to show off & discuss my revisions & personalization of those templates for some marketing efforts I will do this winter.

I received a lot of good feedback & spent countless hours tweaking & improving the original 11 or 12 pages, as well as adding another 4 pages.

Without going over the same background info in the earlier thread linked above, I'd like to post the revised guide for any additional feedback that may catch typos, or poor writing, or just any feedback that may allow me to make one last round of revisions or corrections before i have several booklets printed & do the final upload of a free downloadable document to offer in my upcoming postcard mailing.

HERE is the 7 mg file with the 3 new Decals, Custom Graphics, and Installations pages, as well as my first 3 "special promotional offers" to be included with the guide.

Any and all constructive critiques are welcome!

I've removed price range info as several people had suggested. I've cut back on excessive contact info on every page, opting for just the web domain. I will have a printed version as stated above, so these drawings include a 1/4" of extra background image at all 4 sides, so from a layout standpoint, the borders look wide to me, and that will be cut off (the download version will not have this) I've added shadows to my sample photos (Thanks Dan) ...and fixed some awkward wording. I also removed a page from the original called "Sign Project" because it was a worksheet of sorts, to be filled in by a prospective client. I'm not sure how important that page is to me, but I do know I won't be including it in the printed document I want to get on the press this week.

iSign

bummer...
I locked the text copying, out of respect to Tim, who sells his template (fairly priced at $39 I think)

...but last time I just converted to outlines before saving as a .pdf.

Maybe I'll try uploading another one that way.

Bradster941

Looks Great Doug,

Just something that didn’t read quite right to me would be;

Contact your representative (page 5)

At this point, they may not have a representative.
Contact us at Island *** might be better.

January Special (page 15)
Choose from 24” 36” or 48” rolls ***

From a layman point of view, do I have to buy the whole role?
I only need a 3’ x 8’

Hope this helps.

Brad

iSign

thanks everyone!
Brad, I agree with both points.
The "representatives" is a carry over from Tim's wording & I've tried to not get so edit-happy that I don't use anything he wrote, but that had bugged me a bit too, so "us" will be better.

Regarding rolls, I think I'll swap in "widths"!

wes70

Looks great Doug! Thanks for sharing your determination and ideas in promoting your businesss, not just this post, but all of your infomative posts. It gives us all inspiration and ideas that we can and may incorporate into our business strategies.

Wes

astro8

Great job...:thumb:

Page 4 Logo Design, just the last paragraph...I think you could simplify this to read a little easier, I sort of met myself coming backwards reading that. Although it makes perfect sense...maybe work 'convey your company image' in there somewhere to break up the 'represent' rythem...

iSign

Great job...:thumb:

Page 4 Logo Design, just the last paragraph...I think you could simplify this to read a little easier, I sort of met myself coming backwards reading that. Although it makes perfect sense...maybe work 'convey your company image' in there somewhere to break up the 'represent' rythem...

WOW!! That paragraph was horrible!! What was I thinking???
I know this project has had me crosseyed many times with trying to force myself to put in the hours in the evening & somehow get it done... but that was truely some bad writing there... thanks Astro!

Anyone else found a correction or improvement to suggest?

Marlene

very nice Doug. I love the way each type of sign is described and the samples of your work that applies to the type of sign shown. the stats are interesting. very well put together and very impressive. a client could get a real sense of your work and what you can do for them from this. also very professional presentation.

iSign

ok, one last bump (& thank you to all compliments not yet acknowledged)

Thursday I will pick up 2 sample booklets, with 1 sample of spiral binding, and the other booklet gets bound in a hot glue trough style booklet at another nearby shop.

Once I can check out (& show around for feedback) these two samples, I want to order 50 books. Fortunately I get to have these books made on trade. Also, I will be able to bind them a dozen at a time, so if I wish to add or change anything in the future, it won't be entirely impossible...

...but anyway, any last proof readers want to take a stab at helping me tweak this thing one last time?

legacyborn

I have read over it a few times and everything seems great. (but then again so did the first one). I am currently working on tweaking my own.

Thanks for the info on TheSignExpert and inspiring me to take another new approach with my company.