• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Right/Wrong Ethical/Unethical

Would you wait for the required material to arrive or just use something similar and in stock?

• Wait

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Use something else

Votes: 10 76.9%

• Total voters

ikarasu

Most places are ok with substitutions,not like they have much of a choice.

I believe 3m window perf has a really long warranty / estimated life compared to everyone else... So finding a comparable warranty would be hard... But I'm sure the other brands hold up just as well.

We use contravision performance a lot, it works great. I prefer to install it over 3m perf - the thick backer they came up with for latex printing makes installs quite a bit easier too.

We always let the government places know we're substituting.. 9/10 times they say they're not the professionals, and to use what you recommend.

However there's a few items that are specced and tested by engineers and they won't budge on replacements, because it'd cost them a ton of money re-testing. Unless they're putting some perf on an f150 though, I think you'd be fine.

netsol

If it's under contract, and something goes wrong... they can come back at you and take you to the cleaners
yes, you get it.
we have seen THOUSANDS of law suits for similar, innocent (and harmless) substitutions

anyone OTHER THAN a government agency, i would just go ahead and substitute

I rearly post anything dealing with opinions because I believe we all know in our hearts what the truth is and if we dont we will learn. Seeking knowledge is about facts and experience not opinions, but social media continues to embrace truth as the popular oplnion. Maybe im just old. But this isnt aboit ethics or right or wrong, those are values subject to perceptions or idealogical beliefs varying from regions, industries or societies and such. When confronted with the choices of what to in business or life concerns i always remove the equation of profit or money which can overshadow the best action or path. The core of this quest is a question of Honor and Integrity which deals with the actions I take when nobody is watching without regards to what anybody else is doing. Seeking another path when it has already been defined is a method I use to justify my inner desires (greed, lust, jelousy, etc).
I like what Gino said to meet the issue with Honor and bring light to the customer of the present supply issues and offer alternate solutions. I offer a service regardless of who the customer is. If I do other than what is agreed then it is no longer a service which can lead to downward spiral of profits and ease into deceptive business tactics that only erode our industry and professional reputation.

FASTSIGNS

"Hi Customer, your sepcified product is on backorder from the manufacturer. We can subustute Brand B and fufill your order asap. I'll send you and email with the Brand B specs. Let me know your decision." Easybreezy!

jochwat

Graphics Department
I rearly post anything dealing with opinions because I believe we all know in our hearts what the truth is and if we dont we will learn. Seeking knowledge is about facts and experience not opinions, but social media continues to embrace truth as the popular oplnion. Maybe im just old. But this isnt aboit ethics or right or wrong, those are values subject to perceptions or idealogical beliefs varying from regions, industries or societies and such. When confronted with the choices of what to in business or life concerns i always remove the equation of profit or money which can overshadow the best action or path. The core of this quest is a question of Honor and Integrity which deals with the actions I take when nobody is watching without regards to what anybody else is doing. Seeking another path when it has already been defined is a method I use to justify my inner desires (greed, lust, jelousy, etc).
I like what Gino said to meet the issue with Honor and bring light to the customer of the present supply issues and offer alternate solutions. I offer a service regardless of who the customer is. If I do other than what is agreed then it is no longer a service which can lead to downward spiral of profits and ease into deceptive business tactics that only erode our industry and professional reputation.
Is this still the thread about using a different brand of holey vinyl, or did I accidentally walk into a Listening Counselor's office?

unmateria

After 26 years... Similar and PROBED quality, I dont mind to swap one or other material. I dont believe a word of any spec sheet.