• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rise of the Machines - AI Vector Tracing is coming for our Bitmaps!

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
someone with access to vectormagic should try to run the some images through both and see if the results are comparable. I tried a couple images. It only worked well with a very high res clear jpeg file. 90% of the files i get don't do well using any type of autotracing tool.
Just ran the same file through vector magic (desktop version) I did the 1-step setting no frills. based on this one file, I think the new AI version is better. They would both require some clean up.
1705615862519.png

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
With AI tech being in the news almost as much as Taylor Swift dating updates I was interested to see if it had been used (AI not Swift) for vectorizing. I was drawing out another logo for the same customer. A font I had seen before but could not find was almost all straight line segments. Not hard to draw, just tedious. Was surprised with almost no extra nodes and all the corners radiused about the same.
net.jpg

Boudica

Just moments ago (literally) I was sent a WEBP file of this logo. I wanted a vector version (I'm laying out some vehicle graphics) so I ran it through the and it worked great.
1705621605282.png

JBurton

Signtologist
Fairly on par with my old corel x6 tracing. I did manually fix the copy and star, but not much else. (This was AI drawn with a prompt: logo for a truck and trailer parking lot, in the style of mad max)

ai tracing test.png

Billct2

How would it do with the some of the crappy jpg screenshots or photo of a business card that clients send. Sometimes you have to deduce what it is and make it up.

Boudica

I tried a crappy logo from the Internet, did okay on the logo, but parts that were too fuzzy it just mangled.