• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Robin Gibb of the Bee Gees passes

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
So then in the last week or so, with the passing of Donna Summer and Robin Gibb, there are now two corners of a 4th tier disco death trifecta.

Any guesses as to who might fill in the third position and bring it home?

ThinkRight

So then in the last week or so, with the passing of Donna Summer and Robin Gibb, there are now two corners of a 4th tier disco death trifecta.

Any guesses as to who might fill in the third position and bring it home?

Travolta comes to mind.
/ Just sayin'

StarSign

Well not Disco but the Crowded House drummer passed the other day......if I was KC and the Sunshine Band I would be careful.

Marlene

it is sad to hear. the Bee Gees and Donna Summer where the sound track to those years. the disco era was fun and I'm glad I got the chance to be there.

sar bossier

Tragic - The deaths in the last few days are so sad, Adam Yauch, Donna Summer, and Robin Gibb - he had just recently finished a tribute album to Titanic, classical tracks, with his son - He was a TRULY talented composer and musician ... They will ALL be truly missed.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
bob.... you're not saying you believe in some silly earthly imaginary feelings of such of coming in three's ??

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
bob.... you're not saying you believe in some silly earthly imaginary feelings of such of coming in three's ??

If some event happens continually, like notables packing it in, then that event must necessarily occur in threes. Or twos or fours or any other number.

sar bossier

bob - Maybe Robin Gibb IS 3 (depending on your taste in music?):

1. Davy Jones - The Monkees
2. Donna Summer
3. Robin Gibb

All 3 got their start in the mid - late 60's, into the disco era, and beyond ...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What number is coincidence ??​

Let's say like Jim Jones and his group.......

A mother having triplets or quads might be counted upon, but deaths ?? Sounds to me like you're caving in a bit and lowering yourself to earthly village superstitions......... :wink:

Only messin' with ya. I'm sure you're 100% correct that this is not a human notion or some deep rooted irrational belief founded on ignorance or fear and characterized by obsessive reverence for omens, charms, or she-devils. :Big Laugh​

Marlene

bob - Maybe Robin Gibb IS 3 (depending on your taste in music?):

1. Davy Jones - The Monkees
2. Donna Summer
3. Robin Gibb

All 3 got their start in the mid - late 60's, into the disco era, and beyond ...

Donna Summer and the Gibbs were disco and when people think of that era, they, along with Barry White are the ones that set the sound for that era. the Monkees not so much of the disco era as they didn't have any cross over songs into that kind of music that I can remember. if there is going to be a third, it would have to be the last Gibb or some one from KC and the Sunshine, The Commodores or some one like that.

David Wright

I think I heard something recently on this guy, could be a rumor.
Pray it isn't so.

Attachments

• disco stu.jpg
    disco stu.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 44

sar bossier

Donna Summer and the Gibbs were disco and when people think of that era, they, along with Barry White are the ones that set the sound for that era. the Monkees not so much of the disco era as they didn't have any cross over songs into that kind of music that I can remember. if there is going to be a third, it would have to be the last Gibb or some one from KC and the Sunshine, The Commodores or some one like that.

Marlene - I know Jones did Vegas for A LOT of years, and TRIED a solo career. I thought I remembered something from him (&/or The Monkees) in the late 70's - early 80's? Didn't have any success, though ...
JUST SAYIN :wink: