• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Brand Vinyl?

dclet

Roland Brand Vinyl? (ex - Roland ESM 2.0 Mill Glossy) Does anyone know who really makes this stuff?

high impact

Don't know who makes it but...

I've ordered Roland product a few times...some was unmarked and some was 3m.

I didn't like the way any of the unbranded Roland product printed and the price was higher than product we can get from Fellers and prints great.

mediaman

Chicago,

Very few (if any) Roland vinyl is produced by Avery.

dclet,

What is the product number of the vinyl you are asking about?

dclet

~Mediaman

esm-pcv2-80-30
esm-pcv2-80-54

scm-ecvp-75-30
scm-ecvp-75-54

esm-gcvp-75-30
esm-gcvp-75-54

Graphix Plus Ink

Roland maerial is overpriced and doesn't alsway print better. I Trust Oracal for cheap, Avery for medium grade or 3M for perfomance or and Ultraflex as an alternative lately.

GK

i dunno where Roland gets their markup pricing strategy @ but i think they might be on crack lol -- go through a distributer an jus buy the mainstream brands.

cdiesel

I know roland's wrapping cast is the same as avery dol 1005. Local distributor brought a bunch over for us to try out.. Stuff's worse than avery cause it costs MORE! I was told by our roland sales rep, however, that roland is responsible for any warranty claims that may arise, which does make me feel better than using avery from avery!

Boomer

I'm not stating that as fact, just something I heard or read. If I find out for sure I will post later.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Most of Rolands product is Avery

This was true a few years ago, but I’ve been in touch with their media person on countless occasions… and she guaranteed me [in writing] the ‘Avery’ is FAR less than it used to be. They must still use ‘Avery’ for whatever reason, but the majority is 3M.

As someone pointed out, you can get almost the same products through various suppliers across the country. The reason Roland’s prices are high is…. they need to protect their distributors. They understand they’d be shooting themselves in the foot if they went into competition with their own distributors.

Ever wonder why ‘Glidden’ paint costs more at their store than any other hardware store. For Cripes sake, they make it and it should be cheaper from the ‘Horse’s Mouth’. Nope, they want their distributors to do well. Simple strategy and it works.

iSign

Ever wonder why ‘Glidden’ paint costs more at their store than any other hardware store. For Cripes sake, they make it and it should be cheaper from the ‘Horse’s Mouth’. Nope, they want their distributors to do well. Simple strategy and it works.

yep... Adobe software costs more from Adobe.com

...that's why I bought mine at Dell.com yesterday.

mediaman

Boomer,

Oracal does NOT make any Roland products.

dclet,

esm-pcv2 - don't know

the old scm-ecvp (still available) for SL ink - made by Avery, but not available as an Avery product

esm-gcvp - can't say