• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ROLAND USERS does anyone use these?

ink.jpg
d

HCG

YES! They work fantastic. I've used them in my Roland RS640 for over 4 years with no problems. Ink coverage and drying is great, colors are correct thru Versaworks, ink it much harder than OEM or other inks I have used. Service thru Premier Colour has been fantastic and pricing is great. We were very surprised with quality and service and would not change now.

YES! They work fantastic. I've used them in my Roland RS640 for over 4 years with no problems. Ink coverage and drying is great, colors are correct thru Versaworks, ink it much harder than OEM or other inks I have used. Service thru Premier Colour has been fantastic and pricing is great. We were very surprised with quality and service and would not change now.

HCG

Our Roland RS-640 is pretty old-way out of warranty, and just finally replaced the cyan print-head earlier this year, all print like new still. Great ink and color gamut thru versaworks and dry much harder on banner vinyl.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Thanks for the compliments. Feel free to reach out if any questions. sales@premiercolour.com. Our Jetbest Pro System works well on Roland Eco Solvent Printers. Each 500ml bottle is $45. One time purchase of cartridge is $30. After the cartridge purchase, it is all pure savings. We do advise the customer who has in warranty period to keep using original ink because you paid for it. We are very direct on that and honest about it. Unlike many third party ink companies. Oh manufacturer cannot void the warranty. We don't do that just to make a sale. Happy to chat to see if Jetbest ink is for you. 714-668-9200.

Gene@mpls

I have used One liter tanks for 10 years [Triangle Inx] and we have had a tech warrantee a head for us too.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Back when the SC540's first came out, I popped some of the Roland cartridges open (curiosity) and the bags inside all had Epson decals on them under the Roland ones. Inks are formulated to have the right viscosity for different heads and models, but there's only a few actual manufacturers of inks.

Went to a bulk system as soon as it was out of warranty, used Solaris inks, never had an issue, and we ran the heck out of it. We eventually sold the printer, gotta be well over 15 years old now, and the place that bought it still has it in service, still using the bulk system.

Back when the SC540's first came out, I popped some of the Roland cartridges open (curiosity) and the bags inside all had Epson decals on them under the Roland ones. Inks are formulated to have the right viscosity for different heads and models, but there's only a few actual manufacturers of inks.

Went to a bulk system as soon as it was out of warranty, used Solaris inks, never had an issue, and we ran the heck out of it. We eventually sold the printer, gotta be well over 15 years old now, and the place that bought it still has it in service, still using the bulk system.
Hey I just got a sc545ex it is same as the sc540 can u by pass not haven chip for ink ? I got a cross bulk system for it and when flip the switch on the back to on the machine just turns on and doesn’t give u time to go into service mode to get a test print or do anything did u have to use chip to by pass to bulk system ? Ty for time

DL Signs

Hey I just got a sc545ex it is same as the sc540 can u by pass not haven chip for ink ? I got a cross bulk system for it and when flip the switch on the back to on the machine just turns on and doesn’t give u time to go into service mode to get a test print or do anything did u have to use chip to by pass to bulk system ? Ty for time
All the bulk system's I've used, the assembly that replaces the cartridge has the provision for the chip, it just doesn't come with it because different inksets have different chips. I just used the chips out of the ink cartridges I was using, never had to change the chip in any after I went to the bulk, you can also buy just the chips if you don't have any, or just buy one set of ink, and switch to the colors to the bulk system using the chips in them as they go empty. I never had a problem just using the ones I took off old cartridges. Newer printers are trickier, but the older Rolands are probably the easiest to convert to bulk, because the chip only identify that there's a proper cartridge installed.

DL Signs

Technically some of the provisions in these warranties violate terms of the Magnusun Moss Warranty act. Harley Davidson and Westinghouse are the latest ones to be hit by the FTC for restricting consumers repair options, and forcing them to use their own "higher cost" parts and consumables during warranty periods. Those are kind of a big no-no's under federal law, yet so many companies get away with it. I've always wondered how well a challenge would stand up if these companies would have to stand up in court on public record, and prove how using aftermarket inks would do irreparable harm, especially since many aftermarket inks come from the same sources, suppliers, and manufacturers as OEM inks. Case in point, Roland uses Epson inks, how many aftermarket suppliers buy in bulk from Epson, and just repackage under their own label.

Challenging or having the FTC go after them to change it is kind of a double edged sward, operation costs would go down during the warranty period, but up front costs would go up if they don't get that post sale revenue stream.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Case in point, Roland uses Epson inks, how many aftermarket suppliers buy in bulk from Epson, and just repackage under their own label.
You make all good points and I especially agree on people needing to be able to self repair but I would be surprised if Epson sold ink to aftermarket suppliers. Roland, Mimaki, and Mutoh all use Epson ink and the reason is that when those companies went to Epson to get a license to use Epson's heads in their machines, Epson said, "Sure! You can use our heads, but you have to use our ink and the ink supply system." That's why if you look in the ink cartridge holder of a Roland, Mimaki or Mutoh, they look exactly the same other than the ID chip reader which each company made their own version of. It's also why they all use Epson dampers, pumps, etc. The problem was that Epson also used the same heads in consumer grade printers and those same heads could be installed in a Mutoh, Mimaki, or Roland for much cheaper than they were selling them for. So Epson altered their heads to only work in certain machines so as not to step on their licensee's toes. So what I'm getting at is that if Epson was willing to change their head design to appease their licensees, I don't think they would also try to sell ink to 3rd party suppliers to directly compete with their licensees.

DL Signs

You make all good points and I especially agree on people needing to be able to self repair but I would be surprised if Epson sold ink to aftermarket suppliers. Roland, Mimaki, and Mutoh all use Epson ink and the reason is that when those companies went to Epson to get a license to use Epson's heads in their machines, Epson said, "Sure! You can use our heads, but you have to use our ink and the ink supply system." That's why if you look in the ink cartridge holder of a Roland, Mimaki or Mutoh, they look exactly the same other than the ID chip reader which each company made their own version of. It's also why they all use Epson dampers, pumps, etc. The problem was that Epson also used the same heads in consumer grade printers and those same heads could be installed in a Mutoh, Mimaki, or Roland for much cheaper than they were selling them for. So Epson altered their heads to only work in certain machines so as not to step on their licensee's toes. So what I'm getting at is that if Epson was willing to change their head design to appease their licensees, I don't think they would also try to sell ink to 3rd party suppliers to directly compete with their licensees.
Licensing, a word that tries to push the grey area of consumer/ end user protection for revenue... How long do you think it'll be before the FTC looks at how these fit into the warranty act? :oops:

OzarkDigital

Thanks for the compliments. Feel free to reach out if any questions. sales@premiercolour.com. Our Jetbest Pro System works well on Roland Eco Solvent Printers. Each 500ml bottle is $45. One time purchase of cartridge is $30. After the cartridge purchase, it is all pure savings. We do advise the customer who has in warranty period to keep using original ink because you paid for it. We are very direct on that and honest about it. Unlike many third party ink companies. Oh manufacturer cannot void the warranty. We don't do that just to make a sale. Happy to chat to see if Jetbest ink is for you. 714-668-9200.
We are in LOVE with our JetBest ink system for our Rolands. Upgraded to the JetBest system below about 6 months ago and never looked back. Cost is only about 10-cents/ml (70% less than OEM) and we love the mechanics of the "drain the bottle with gravity" concept. Never a drop wasted! LOL!
If you're in the Southeast, you can buy the cartridges (with chips) and the ink bottles from Ernie Vivieros in Florida at https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100067745960379.
If you're in the Central, Mountain and Western areas, buy the JetBest system and inks from Francis Kao at https://www.premiercolour.com/collections/shop-all-jetbest in Orange County, CA.