• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roofies!

Jillbeans

John...I wish!
And it looks like I got quite a bargain if that's what they charge for a roof out in Nebraska.
And the rain sounded real nice, actually much quieter than it did on my old skylights (now removed)

Mosh

Well that $60K is for a standing seam metal roof, your roof is just metal screwed on. The standing seam requires the metal to be installed so NO SCREWS are exposed, thus no chance of a leak. A metal roof like you have should run around $8-$9k plus soffit and gutters.

Jillbeans

Finally got around to painting the front door.
I'd say she's officially done now.
Traded a client for this cool knocker (he picked it out, I hate choosing things)
You can all tell me I have a nice knocker and I will answer "Sank you Doctor Frankensteen!" in Terry Garr's voice.

Attachments

• roof1.jpg
    roof1.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 74
  • roof2.jpg
    roof2.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 78
  • roof3.jpg
    roof3.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 81
  • k2.jpg
    k2.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 80

Locals Find!

Metal roofs are becoming the new standard in Florida. They are actually less than shingle roofs now for many homes.

I like the look of yours on your house. It looks natural.

They even have a new metal roof product out now that looks like shingles. So you get all the durability of the metal with the look of shingles.

What are snow guards?? I live in Southwest Florida so we don't have snow this far south. I had never heard of such a thing.

D&Tgraphics

That looks great Jill. I'm actually considering putting a metal roof on my house next year. I have a customer that makes the metal roofing for all the local contractors and he said he would give me a "helluva" good deal on the materials. Now I just have to choose which contractor to install it. :)

BobM

Looking good Jill. I don't know about that thing on the door, but your ___, no forget it, I don't want to be bumped to NHB

Colin

I wanted to be a roofer, but it was just over my head.

sorry

Lovely house!

I got a new roof this summer too. While metal roofs have some advantages, the present fibreglass shingles available are very good and look great. The "NorthWest XL 40" by Malarkey now has an anti-fungal option (by Scotchguard) which prohibits moss. Am I going to be here in 40 years? Not likely.

I'm frequently up on the roof to clean gutters and sweep the chimney, and a metal roof would make that extremely dangerous (or impossible) as all traction is lost.

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:thumb: looks absolutely fanfrickin'tastic.....

Bet you'll sleep well this winter knowing you have that over your head :thumb:

I'm a little surprised that Norm never came out to supervise your........ ah carpentier........ :Oops: