• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Router Question

SignManiac

Their December special is a great price for what you get, but I would still recommend the vacuum for hold down. I've been seriously contemplating adding a second table and I will see what they want for it when I'm ready to buy.

CS-SignSupply-TT

Based on your signs101.com profile, maybe you should SUB out the routing until the work/sales VOLUME can support the investment?!?!

SignManiac

CiberSupply raises a good point. Are you doing enough carved signs now to justify the purchase, or are you thinking that if you buy the machine you can sell the work?

Too many make the mistake of thinking that buying a machine will guarantee work. Not always the case as evidenced by the number of people who bought printers thinking they would create new business.

Techman

I knew of more than a few who gave up their routers. There is one near me right noe that just sits in a storage place. 5 x 12 machine.. some one could have it for 5 grand. The owner thought all he had to do was plug it in and make money. AHAHAAHH ,, boy did he take the pipe.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Routing tables can be used for all sorts of cutting tasks from little interior wall-mounted way finding sign parts or parts for big outdoor permanent signs. Basically there's little reason at all for a routing table to sit idle.

Some third party applications can extend the usefulness of a routing table. For instance, a routing table can be used to precisely cut channel letter returns out of different thicknesses of aluminum or even other materials if you have the right tools to bend it. It beats having to pay a whole lot more money for a dedicated channel letter return bending machine.

CS-SignSupply-TT

whcih came first, the chicken or the egg

Routing tables can be used for all sorts of cutting tasks from little interior wall-mounted way finding sign parts or parts for big outdoor permanent signs. Basically there's little reason at all for a routing table to sit idle.

Some third party applications can extend the usefulness of a routing table. For instance, a routing table can be used to precisely cut channel letter returns out of different thicknesses of aluminum or even other materials if you have the right tools to bend it. It beats having to pay a whole lot more money for a dedicated channel letter return bending machine.

The bottom line: is Signcrafters experienced in the effective and maximum use of a router; are their salespeople knowlegeable enough to sell the products and services a router can produce/provide?

signcrafters

Off topic

We are in the middle of running the numbers to see if it's time to buy or continue working with subs. We do a lot of cut letters and some carved signs, but don't know if the numbers work yet.

BUT
The question was (and still is)
Has anyone worked with, dealt with or heard about
http://www.shopsabre.com

Thanks